Cigarette lighter and ash tray Gauges

Reapo773

Is there any way or some gauge pods where i can install two maybe three gauges where the cigretter lighter and ash tray go i dont smoke so its unused space i should put to use? I would rather put them there then anywhere else but thats if its possible.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
If you're racing, you don't want to be looking down there. Why not get a cluster pod setup, or the a-pillar pods? The whole purpose of racing is basically keep your foot on the throttle, your hands on the steering wheel, and your eyes on the road

Reapo773

i feel pretty stupid for asking now that you put it that way..yea looks like im going with the cluster pod set up thanks man

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Haha, no worries. If I didn't race, I wouldn't have thought about it that way either. I like the cluster pod, not a huge fan of the pillar pods

Nick_C78

The downside with the cluster pod that I use is that it covers half of the water temp and half of the fuel gauge.

I am going to trim it with a dremel one of these days. I still want to get an oil temperature gauge for the other side too.

I know donut. on nwp4life uses a good one, but it is from quad-pod.com, but you have to wait a while for the guy to make it and ship it I hear.

480codyGSR

There was a company on Ebay that had made a gauge cluster that goes where the drink holder goes and canted the gauges toward you. It's a whole piece from the gear selector to the dash it was pretty cool I plan to get or fabricate one just for the "not race necessity" gauges. And they also make a piece that replaces the two center air vents that also canted them. It was pretty sweet.

2kdb7

Isn't there one that goes where the clock is?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
The cluster pods only block the unimportant shit. If you have over half a tank, you're good - and the temperature gauge is visible at the high points

Nick_C78

The cluster pods only block the unimportant s***. If you have over half a tank, you're good - and the temperature gauge is visible at the high points
Oh I agree. Which is why I haven't trimmed it yet, but I will trim it eventually, just to be able to see the entire cluster.

Nick_C78

I like that center vent gauge.

And ohh I see, the pod sits in front of where the clock goes. I thought you guys meant it literally went where the clock goes. lol

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I built this custom bezel out of 1/4" ABS plastic to fill the 1 3/4 DIN head unit pocket. Its not as visible as the the 2 gauges mounted in the instrument bezel (Boost and Wideband) but the 3 gauges I have down here are not as critical (EGT, Oil pressure and Oil temp)