Cigarette lighter and ash tray Gauges

Reapo773

Yea that one that goes in the vent is pretty cool and i would have done that one where they are underneath the radio but i have a dual din radio haha. I mean to be honest the pillar gauges just are idk I hate calling it ricey but I just dont like it there not that im calling anybody a ricer if they got it there im just saying i dont like it there.

Nick_C78

They are handy at the track(just not my style), keeps all the gauges in sight, but I agree they do attract attention. I love how a lot of things that do serve a good track purpose are considered ricey because they are often misused by idiots trying to look fast. Take GT wings for example. I know I am going to get looked down upon/made fun of by a lot of people when I get one, probably even by some of the people on this very site haha.

Last edited:

Charly[horse]

Name = John
I am installing some on my pillar but that is pretty much the only option for 2nd gens besides custom fabricating something. Function>the perception of rice

Nick_C78

Charly[horse];1158885 said:
I am installing some on my pillar but that is pretty much the only option for 2nd gens besides custom fabricating something. Function>the perception of rice
I agree. It is only rice if the gauges don't serve a purpose/don't even work/aren't even hooked up. lol

Reapo773

You see and i hate even when we are the same people trying to restore the good name of honda and stop the judgement of RICE and yea dont get me wrong its an ideal place to put them and they do serve a really good purpose especially in my position but i just hate the fact that we get called rice when we pretty much do anything to our cars. Im getting to the point were i pretty much dont care what people think. But I know im going to run into this problem pretty soon.

xZachTheRipper8

ive seen one person that removed the air bag from the passenger dashboard and put the gauges there, it looked pretty good but im the type of person that i like to hide my stuff and keep it as secretive as possible because it attracts attention and people talk alot of crap, i go to uti and this guy had a b16 swapped eg and he had a dash mounted tach, and there was a group of kids gathered around it cause he had his hood removed and they were talking about how he was "boosted" because he had a gauge on his dash, i wanted to smack the hell out of them cause anybody that knows about racing would have known it was a tach and you can look at his bay and see he doesnt have a turbo aha but besides the point, i refuse to use pillar gauges, cause it does attract unwanted attention and its a bit ricey

mediajunkie420

MediaJunkie
i have a da and i ended up putting my 3 gauge cluster where the clock is on the dash.. didnt even need to cut anything or mount any crasy brackets. it just wedged in there perfectly. the hardest part was wiring everything up. mechanical oil and temp gauge .

mediajunkie420

MediaJunkie
mine might look ricey but they are functional gauges especially the oil pressure.. especially since i have been trying to track down a wiring prob with my oil pressure sensor. i have replaced the whole circuit and still no change light just stays on lol. oil pressure reads good tho on my new gauge.

dlo253

i have a da and i ended up putting my 3 gauge cluster where the clock is on the dash.. didnt even need to cut anything or mount any crasy brackets. it just wedged in there perfectly. the hardest part was wiring everything up. mechanical oil and temp gauge .
Let's see that.I was gonna make a custom clock pod but needed 3 gauges and only 2 would fit the way I was planning. So I put them in the double din.

dopematic

You can get the autometer brand dual pod cluster bezel which doesn't block off the temp and gas guage. It costs more though. Like 80 bucks compare to the other one which is like 25 bucks.

Reapo773

what i did i installed a 52 mm gauge where my cruise control button goes it fits very wel little bit of modifacationsl. I have an NRG steering wheel so i have no need for cruise anyways