Club integra's detailing thread

rexpepper123

i use dawn to wash with i like the degreasing power lol. also use mothers wax and on the inside ive been using this formula 2001 stuff that i picked up for a local hazad waste place that gives free shit like that away. works great way better then the shitty black magic crap i had before.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
Finally somewhere I can post up my handy work. I've been detailing professionally for about 5 years now...I think my work and the cars that are brought to me speak for themselves lol

...enjoy

Not too bad for original paint

also original paint

My personal favorite, over 18 hours on the exterior alone...

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
Awesome pic's man! Where do you work?
I work for a dealership called Ricke Bros here in york. Those pics were taken when I was working at our higher end sister lot Royal Motorcars. Two of the detailers from the other lot left so they moved me up there to train people and get out more cars...kinda makes me sad that I'm not around those high end cars anymore :cry:

JGvtec

Back with some pictures. It took me a good 2 days on and off to finish it.

Started with the clay bar
Inspected surface after claying
Taped off emblems and rubber
Finished result

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
^^^ You may want to work on your emblem taping. The closer and more traced to the emblem's shape you get the less hand work you have to do around them. But other than that it looks good man

JGvtec

Itwould also help if i had some legit painters rtape not some tape that has been sitting on the wall for like 7 years :lol:

Have you tried Menzerna's SIP?

Dfrederick2nd

Just Playing The Game
only thing ive ever been interested in going to school for is body work and detailing cars good trade to have wen u love cars as much as i do

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
Have you tried Menzerna's SIP?
I've never used any of the Menzerna line. I've always used Meguiars since I get huge discounts on their stuff and it's what I'm familiar with :thumbs up

How long does it take for you guys to wash, clay then wax? Takes me like 2 hours but i rush cause i get lazy lol
it depends on how bad the car is to begin with. If it's been completely neglected I can lose 2 hours on clay alone. But on a car that's been regularly washed and taken care of then about 2 hours would sound right.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
Im going to try meguiar's swirl remover 2.0 see how that is.
it works awesome. With a DA it's very easy to get great results. But with a rotary just be careful not to let it overheat as it has a tendency to cake up. Also very high humidity can make it dry very quickly. I usually use it around 1200-1000 rpm. What size pads are you using?