Club integra's detailing thread

JGvtec

I have some 4in spot pads which are great for little area i love them, i also have some 5.5in pads from ccs and then i also have a pair of spot buff pads coming in from meguiar's on Friday.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
I have some 4in spot pads which are great for little area i love them, i also have some 5.5in pads from ccs and then i also have a pair of spot buff pads coming in from meguiar's on Friday.
That's a solid pad selection man, I use 6.5in meguiars pads as well as the 9in lake country dished pads. For the tight areas I prefer to do things by hand not to risk burning a molding or underside of a mirror. Have you tried the new Microfiber DA system from megs? It takes out light scratches quite easily and you can leave most surfaces pretty much swirl free after one pass. I've recently been using it to take out 2500 sand marks. Then do a final pass or two with a polish or glaze (Dual action or speed glaze both from megs) and the NXT tech wax 2.0.

JGvtec

I have not tried that yet. I know for a fact that one of these auto parts stores has meguiar's swirl remover 2.0 i just cant seem to find it. Grrr. I recently went to a buddys to remove his orange peel on his painted hood i still need to do the front bumper too. I only used 2000 grit. I wish i had some 1500 then followed it up with 2000. Ill know for the next time i go out there. How do you like the meg's pads? I have never tried them. If you noticed im not too into bigger pads. I like them some what smaller so i have a better control over them.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
I have not tried that yet. I know for a fact that one of these auto parts stores has meguiar's swirl remover 2.0 i just cant seem to find it. Grrr. I recently went to a buddys to remove his orange peel on his painted hood i still need to do the front bumper too. I only used 2000 grit. I wish i had some 1500 then followed it up with 2000. Ill know for the next time i go out there. How do you like the meg's pads? I have never tried them. If you noticed im not too into bigger pads. I like them some what smaller so i have a better control over them.
I think you may be having trouble finding the swirl remover 2.0 because it is a professional line product and most places dont carry them. I really like the megs pads as long as you prime them with a QD first. I used to use a lot of smaller pads and slowly moved up in size to cover more area with one pass.

JGvtec

Since i finally got my car ;) i did some work on the back trunk.

Clay bar w/ spray wax
Diamond cut compound using meg's compound pad [Burgundy]
Ultimate car polish [Work stuff] using meg's polishing pad [Yellow]
Wax using a blue foam CCS pad

Before

After

sparkys13

I like the tuna here
wow exactly what i want my paint to look like, i have lots of swirl marks and want to get a professional polish but am not sure if that will remove all the swirl marks. I have clay barred the car before but it only removes a majority of swirl marks not all.

JGvtec

Clay does no remove any swirls. Have you tried looking into getting a DA[ Dual Action] Polisher? Its one of the most user friendly non paint burning machine's you will ever find.

There is the PC 7424XP [Porter Cable]

Meguiar's G110

Griot's Garage 6 In

iDrive a GS-R

just picked one of these up :)

and at my job these were discontinued and got some bottles for $2 anyone ever try it before?
i want to use it with the da and hope i dont mess up lol this is the first time ive ever
used a buffer/polisher

also got some of this

and this

all for under $10 :) except the pc

Last edited:

JGvtec

For some odd reason all your pictures are not working. If you got the PC7424 its super easy to master basically 1-3 is for applying product and/or applying wax and 4-6 is for correction. Did you get pads?

iDrive a GS-R

For some odd reason all your pictures are not working. If you got the PC7424 its super easy to master basically 1-3 is for applying product and/or applying wax and 4-6 is for correction. Did you get pads?
just the pad it came with and i fixed the pics :)

JGvtec

What you should do is get some 6.5 in pads. Knowing that the buffer came with a 6in backing plate. You only really need two or maybe three. Polish/Glaze/Wax