clutch cable too long not engaging or disengaging clutch...

MSP611

hey guys i have a ys1 tranny (b20b swap) with i think is the stock b18a clutch cable set-up.... wat the problem is, is tht i replaced the clutch becuz i was getting a chattering noise... it ended up being the backing tht holds the springs on the clutch disk was broken off and flopping around in there. Now before i changed the clutch (not just for the noise) i was having trouble getting it into gear... like the clutch wasnt disengaging or engaging at all...

looked at the clutch cable adjustment and it was tightened all the way to the very bottom almost to the very last thread tht you can adjust it to... when i depress the clutch it seems like im not pulling the linakge arm enough up to press the throw out bearing into the fingers of the pressure plate to disengage the clutch...

here's my real question, should i go buy a new clutch cable 90-93? or is there another honda/acura clutch cable tht is shorter in length already tht i can use

dlo253

Seems like it isnt pulling it enough or isnt? Get somebody to watch and see what it does while you engage the clutch.
Maybe snap a couple pics also..

MSP611

like it isnt pullling the arm up enough the push the throwout bearing into the pressure plate fingers...

STARSCREAM

Pull out the clutch pedal assembly first and see if your pedal might be a little bent, after 20 years the pedal might be a little worn out and might have bent a little.

if not then try a cable from autozone they have 2 different lengths a 59' I think and a 72' go for the 59, theyre a little bit shorter than OEM length and they might be able to engage the clutch better.

Ive had a engageing/disengaging problem and I thought it was my clutch but it was just a bent clutch pedal

Hope this helps

MSP611

Well I do know my clutch pedal kind of wobbles from side to side when moving it by hand or by foot. Kind of like the mount bolt is loose, but it isnt becuz I tried tightening it and it was tight as a 12 yr old... also the spring does squeak on the pedal assembly, but I wouldnt think tht would be the culprit becuz it still moves as it should. So 59" cable is the right shorter length one then oem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MSP611

i just ordered a 39.75in length clutch cable and the 59in cable... and also a new starter. fuck i have gone through everything on this car... this has been the most problematic car ive owned but it is wat it is.

list of brand new parts:
distributor
cap & rotor
oil pressure switch
right and left cv axles
starter
full clutch assembly
spark plugs
clutch cable (hopefully this works)
new kill switch

ya all tht is not including the jenky wiring thts on this thing from the previous owner who thought its a good idea tht u can splice wires and just twist them together and wrap them in electrical tape.... tht kinda of wiring is everywhere and im having fun fixing all of tht ninja riggin. WOOOOOOO THIS IS AWESOME!!!

dlo253

ya all tht is not including the jenky wiring thts on this thing from the previous owner who thought its a good idea tht u can splice wires and just twist them together and wrap them in electrical tape.... tht kinda of wiring is everywhere and im having fun fixing all of tht ninja riggin. WOOOOOOO THIS IS AWESOME!!!
Sounds like my situation hahaha

MSP611

alright guys so here is an update... i installed the new 39.75" cable from oreilly and still the clutch wont disengage with thee vehicle on.... when the car is off like normal i can row through the gears. i tryed adjusted the cable back and forth and it and no difference other than making the pedal not sick to the floor if it was adjusted too loose...only other thing that is odd is the car (when on) makes a noise like the clutch diskis tryin to disengage when trying to put the car in 3rd gear... i think its the only gear it does it in... What could be the problem? need to get this fixed ASAP since this is my only car for now...

MSP611

I specifically remember puttin my clutch in the right way but well see when I drop the tranny again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2