code 18 for abs high pressure system?

gs300cky

i pulled my code but i want to find out where/how i can test exactly whats failing either the motor/pump or the accuator. ive searched all over but no luck so can someone help me to find the answer or show me how to test it. i dont wanna buy something top find out i bought the wrong part especially when the accuator is bout 200 and the motor is bout 800

gs300cky

well it waas almost empty so i topped it off, hopefuly thats good enough. if thats it im going to feel like an idiot for never checking that. thanks for my "heres your sign".

gs300cky

Ok so my light came back on :( so now back to my question in the beginning. How do I test or what do I test for code 18 aka high pressure system

Please help me and my issues

gs300cky

thank you very much for your help and its a 94 ls
sorry im a pain its just a hate not having abs especially when we just got dumped on with snow this week.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
heres what my stuff says,it dosent look good :( try bleeding the unit, theres a bleeder on it. its not holding pressure,but air in the unit will cause that too.

ls96integra

It looks like code 18 usually refers to an accumulator leak. Generally past the o-ring that seals the accumulator to the modulator unit. I recently replaced mine, and eliminated the leak, but I am still pulling the same code.

Prior to the o-ring replacement, the abs motor would run for a very long time, and after being unable to pressurize the system (due to the fluid leak), it would have the light on, and give me the code 18.

Now it runs for the correct amount of time (a few seconds), and than stop. The problem is, the light will not extinguish. If I disconnect the battery for some time, all will run well, but the next time i start the car the abs light will come back on. I think there is a problem with the pressure switch.

I shall post some pictures of the o-ring replacement if anyone is interested. It seems like that fixed the problem for some people. Unfortunately I am not one of them. I'll have to do some more work on it.