Converting Cable Transmission to Hydraulic

Prozon

Kris
Well I don't really like the feel of a cable clutch, so I was thinking later down the road I want to convert it to a hydraulic one, what will I need to do this? Can I just swap in a transmission from a newer Integra with the slave/master cylinder for the clutch and call it good?

Prozon

Kris
Posting a link to another thread.. with a link to a random website.
Personally I wouldn't PAYPAL any money to that website, it looks like something a teenager made in computer class.
I don't know, it all just screams scam to me.

Didn't really answer my question anyways. I know they have kits to convert cable transmissions to hydraulic.. I was just wondering what I had to take from a newer teg to put in mine to run a hydraulic one.

tilegend

Posting a link to another thread.. with a link to a random website.
Personally I wouldn't PAYPAL any money to that website, it looks like something a teenager made in computer class.
I don't know, it all just screams scam to me.

Didn't really answer my question anyways. I know they have kits to convert cable transmissions to hydraulic.. I was just wondering what I had to take from a newer teg to put in mine to run a hydraulic one.
you didnt read did you? i said in the other thread to contact them... and before going off on a tangent about the appearance of their website did you bother doing research about them?

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2472947
http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54122

or how about the fact there is not even a price on their website so what amount are you going to be paypal'ing them?

Prozon

Kris
Yes tilegend, I did see that you said to contact them. However I was not asking for a convertion kit for my cable transmission, I was asking what I needed to swap from a newer Integra to put a hydraulic one in my car.

I bring up the paypal thing because on the page you linked to it says "Send paypal payments to..."

Don't get me wrong, it's probably a good group of guys doing it. But it's just not for me. I prefer things that are, well a lot more commercial and known to say the least.

The links you posted really doesn't prove anything. It's still the SAME guy, posting on forums. It's not saying anything towards their reputation.

tilegend

Yes tilegend, I did see that you said to contact them. However I was not asking for a convertion kit for my cable transmission, I was asking what I needed to swap from a newer Integra to put a hydraulic one in my car.

I bring up the paypal thing because on the page you linked to it says "Send paypal payments to..."

Don't get me wrong, it's probably a good group of guys doing it. But it's just not for me. I prefer things that are, well a lot more commercial and known to say the least.

The links you posted really doesn't prove anything. It's still the SAME guy, posting on forums. It's not saying anything towards their reputation.
people still have problems with the more "known" ones... hasport and innovative

what i posted is not a conversion for a cable transmission. your transmission that you have right now is actuated by a clutch cable that is linked to the pedal assembly... obviously a hydraulic system uses a slave cylinder connected to the clutch master that is linked to your pedal.

what this does is allow you to run a true hydraulic system, eliminating the need for a clutch cable so that you can install a clutch master cylinder and run the proper lines to the slave cylinder to a hydraulic transmission.

innovative and hasport both make a cable > hydro conversion by utilizing the stock clutch cable to actuate a clutch master cylinder...

http://hasport.com/store/index.php/accessories/clutch/cma.html

http://www.innovativemounts.com/productdetails.asp?productcode=41001

that may seem easier... and you would obviously just need the correct mounts then

Prozon

Kris
I kind of want to put my engine into a newer shell. Either that, or i'll have to get some body work done!