crank, have fuel, spark, no start

bmx198706

ok so this car is driving me nuts. the other morning i go out and start my car( started fine) 2 mins later it dies.
try to start it and cranks but no start. so i left it for 5 mins and go back out and did the same thing. after a while of cranking it finally started up and no problem ( except check engine light). when i got off work same issue. except no start what so ever. i have tried multiple things. i have also checked the forums here and have tried every thing

i have spark, i have fuel, i checked main relay under dash,
one thing that i did notice is my distributor was filthy and messed up. i replaced the whole distributor and coil.
then i checked to see if the distributor to see if tht was even getting power with a voltmeter. and sure enough that was okay also. i even thought about the ecu. and the ecu is okay also. im out of ideas. maybe a crankshaft position sensor? or some how the timing belt skipped some teeth?

Prozon

Kris
Well first off, get your check engine light checked. It's probably a likely cause for a no start.
Right off i'm thinking maybe TPS or IACV or something. Sensors like that can stop it from starting.
But pulling the engine code should tell you whats up.

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Wow...I had the same issue over the summer/fall and I only ended up replacing my MAIN RELAY/IGNITION COIL/ICM and no problems since. Next for me is replacing the distributor if the issue comes back. I'm curious to see what your problem is. Let us know your outcome. As mentioned above I would start with the CEL first and go from there. Good luck.

Last edited:

sps21112

Ok your gonna have to pull the code. How many miles are on your car? Being a 94 im gonna guess a lot. Check your timing you might have been right on with that. 2 use a long screw driver a make sure your injectors are firing. Just because you have fuel coming out of the filter doesnt mean its spraying from the injectors. Also try disconnecting your battery for a couple minutes to clear the codes and then start it. Thats just a few things let us know.

bmx198706

ive tried unplugging the battery and nothing. fuel injectors i used a stethascope and i hear a pulse from all of them.

Caligsrmxn

I have a very similar problem with the exeption of not dieing while driving, i pulled up the codes and came out with code 6coolant temp sensor and code 43(fuel supply system) mayb its the same codes that ur car might b having(havent solved the problem yet an i have tried many many things) get the codes by using the paper clip trick or piece of wire, good luck nd keep me updated mayb u solving the problem can help solve mine

Jules

I am having the same problem on mine except its a 2000 gsr stock vtec. I started having trouble with it not wanting to start now it won't start at all I replaced ing coil, rotor, cap, wires, the plugs are a couple months old I am getting spark, pressure @ the filter and the the injectors are getting power. Someone told me to replace the ign control module thinking it wasn't getting spark. I replaced it with an after market one since that didn't fix it I put the original back in and have spark with each.I don't have any CEL codes. Any HELP would be greatly appreciated

jarvalarv

my 90 ls with a vtec head and b18 block is doing the same thing i replaced coil, igintion switch, dizzy cap, rotor, plugs, and main relay and new fuel pump still just cranks and cranks and cranks with no starting

B20vtec:D

My 99gsr with b20 vtec swap is having same issue replaced dizzy guettin spark new fuel pump checked injectors main relay and ecu is fine just cant get it started any help would be appreciated toaday imma try a trick my friend told me if it works I will let yah kno

99teggyjdm

im having the same problem I went out yesterday car started up just fine. Went to go to work this morning and it just keeps cranking. replaced dizzy checked fuel rail pump has power and spark is there. decided to take it to a VERY trusted mechanic tomorrow. When I find out whats wrong ill let everyone know

Andrewhottman

I have a very similar problem with the exeption of not dieing while driving, i pulled up the codes and came out with code 6coolant temp sensor and code 43(fuel supply system) mayb its the same codes that ur car might b having(havent solved the problem yet an i have tried many many things) get the codes by using the paper clip trick or piece of wire, good luck nd keep me updated mayb u solving the problem can help solve mine
Can the code 6 coolant temp sw really keep the engine from firing? Just curious cause I just swapped my b20 vtec into a Da integra n iv been going over everything making sure I got the wiring correctly n just trynna make sure I didn't miss place anything. But I'm still getting code 6. N cranks n cranks. I tried putting gas in throttle body which it starts then boggs out! It's been like 2 months + being stuck on this issue.

Andrewhottman

But I'm gonna figure out the coolant temp tomorrow. I think I took the wrong plug off cause I had extra plugs. So I might have the knock sensor, instead the coolant temp. Isn't the coolant temp plug green on 90 integra s b18a1 engines harness?