Cruise control not working.HELP.

heydude348

Got a 2000 gsr. Owned for 2 weeks. Cruise control no work. Green light from dash control comes on. That's it. Haave tried in 5th gear, no help. Horn also does not work and I am getting a SRS cel. Could they be connected? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Prozon

Kris
They are probably connected. My guess is that the wires in steering wheel are disconnected.

JR87

Your srs reel "clock spring" is probably bad.

heydude348

cruise control delete?

Why would someone delete the cruise control? It's a stock steering wheel. I also noticed the SRS light is on, the horn does not work and the cruise does not work. Someone posted something about a clock spring being bad.

slammedDC2

I did a cruise control delete because I never used it and it cleaned up under the hood a little bit.

abcdavidefg

I had the same problem. My cruise control stop working 2 months later the car wont start up. It wasnt the battery and it wasnt the starter, I was able to push the car, put it on second and turn it on using the clutch.

I took the clutch safety switch (bypass it) and the car turns on and the cruise control is working now. The were 2 safety switches, I bypassed one out and the car didnt turn on, then I bypassed the other one and everything works. Now I dont have to press the clutch to turn on the car but I have to be careful if the car is in gear before turn it on.

It could be that one safety switch is for the cruise control and one to turn the car on. Or I got lucky.

The safety switches are located on top of the clutch before the fuse box. Inside of the driving side of the car.

Prozon

Kris
^ His SRS light makes me think they are connected.

ABCDavidEFG, in your case it's probably the clutch pedal itself. There is a little button near the pedal that is pushed by the pedal. Your pedal has a rubber grommet in it that often falls out. (Leaving a hole for the button to go through.) If you plug the hole with something it will enable it again. Your clutch safety switch might be bad if the clutch is preventing starting- but it's just a thought. I do not suggest bypassing the switch if yours is operating- because then you cant shut cruise control off with your clutch.

It's set up to shut cruise down with your clutch or your brakes.