cylinder one not firing, need help!

David Dunkin

Okay now I have a b18 a1 and cylinder one isn't firing, my wire is getting spark, timing is good, spark plug is good, and compression is at 100, now I'm not sure if its getting fuel to that cylinder, I don't have a fuel injector tester, now I was told it has a b20 computer, so my question is how can I check what ecu I have, and what can I do to check the cylinder for if its getting fuel, my check engine light is going baserk also it blinks twice the glitch once then blinks twice then glitches twice then repeats,

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Check the plug wire? If the boot is torn it will not conduct properly to the spark plug.

B20 ecu shouldn't have any problem running the B18a

David Dunkin

The boot is good, its getting spark I pulled the spark plug stuck it in the boot started the car and touched it to the block its getting great spark but its like its not getting fuel and I doubt the b20 vtec ecu is helping at all,

Muckman

Not a M0derator
100psi is low compression. Is that every cylinder or just the bad one?
To check for spark, get one of those spark plug testers. They plug inline with the spark plug wire and light up when fired.
To test for fuel, install new spark plugs, crank the starter, pull spark plug out of suspect cylinder. if its dry then there is no fuel. If its black then obviously there is combustion.

chris89883

to check the injector without worrying about gas spray simply swap it with #2 injector and see if the miss moves to cylinder 2. 100 compression is not good, but it should still fire. when you check compression did you start engine? if so you should recheck by unplugging distributor and cranking it over for about 3 seconds.