Daddy Built Racing's new racecar build 97 Civic hatch inside

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Let's backtrack so I can get you all up to speed on how this all came about. Two weeks ago, my wife sent me a message on Facebook discussing how she hated knowing that we weren't going racing this year because racing was our first date and had been a part of our life for the last 13 years. That message planted the seed! I began finding myself on youtube watching racecar videos. Fast forward a couple days later and I am at a friends shop just shooting the s*** with him. We walk outside and there is a black hatch sitting there, I jokingly ask if he wanted to sell it to me. That car wasn't for sale, but he did have a 97 hatch with a turbo b16 that he'd sell me. One thing lead to another and we reached a deal on price. That was one part of the equation down, the next part was to come up with the money. Luckily, my wife who supports my habits offered to buy it for me as a loan type deal. She fronted me the cash, I put it back in our bank account over time. Saturday morning I picked the car up.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way, let me tell you what the plans with the car are. We are pulling the turbo b16 out and putting it into the wifes 91 SI hatch. The b16 is a piston/rod motor (weisco/eagle) with a small turbo, should be enough for 300-350hp, plenty of power for the car and her. I am swapping my Integra setup over into the hatch. Everything from the engine, turbo setup and front brake setup. The hatch is nothing but a purpose built drag car. After wrecking my Integra last year and having a set of twins since then, I have come to understand that somethings just arent worth risking on the street.

The new car (wheels pictured aren't on it):

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
2/13/16: I got the car home and in the garage next to the old girl. The first thing I had to do was take off all the damn stickers someone put on it during it's lifetime. Since this is a drag car strictly, I knew I wanted a race seat in the car. Luckily for me my buddy had a wide kirkey sitting at his shop going to waste. He was nice enough to donate it to the cause!

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
2/16/16: I finally got a free minute after a hectic 2 days and was able to tinker around on the car. With the help of my cousin and another buddy, we were able to knock out the dash removal, all the sound deadening and got the turbo setup off the car. The goal is to have the b16 pulled out Friday evening and my GSR setup in the car Saturday. Another friend of mine hit me up telling me he had a set of Omni drag coilovers he would sell me. He said since he wants to see 9's out of this and we're friends, he would sell them to me for a low price of $250, sold!

All the junk removed that has no place in this car any longer. I will be buying new headlights, the old ones were trashed

The suspension needs cleaned up, but I don't get a s*** as long as it serves it's purpose

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
LOL already stripped and ready.

itzrivera

I like it bro. My teg was totaled out, so I picked one of these up as a project. Got swapped a GSR in it too. Almost like your situation except you'll be making big power with the turbo lol in for more updates.

renarudo

Sub'd to see what kind of monster comes out of this build.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
My integra was a GSR from the factory, K swaps were 10-15k back when I built my Integra. I will have both the b16 and the GSR pulled out of the two cars tonight. Luckily it's going to be 60* the next two days, so I am gonna hammer out some things.

The goal for this weekend is: Get both motors pulled, cleaned up. Put GSR in the hatch, get new suspension on the hatch, put my front integra brake setup on it. Get stock fuel lines off the hatch and my aftermarket lines off Integra and onto hatch along with my fuel pumps.

I also ordered a drag wing last night from CWBFABWINGS.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Last night was eventful, with the help of a couple friends we were able to:
Pull both the b16 and GSR out of each car
Pull both front suspensions off the Civic and Integra
Pull the fuel lines off the Civic
Pull the fuel pump out of civic and out of Integra

Today I am picking up the suspension from my buddy so I can put it along with my integra front brake setup back on the Civic. I am also planning on putting my braided fuel lines from tank to rail on the Civic and drop the motor in.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Update time! The hatch is 80% of the way finished after a week haha.

My motor from Integra into the Hatch. Suspension is back on the civic and fuel lines have been ran

Got the rear suspension on the car as well and was able to roll it outside so I could sweep up my garage floor. It's a shame the gold wheels are no longer mine, they look decent on the car. I sold them to my cousin for his EG Sedan

Got bored late last night and decided to start putting turbo stuff on. I have to notch out the lower core support due to the oil return line fitting. It doesn't clear, but not a huge issue. I also discovered the weld on my oil pan for the oil return line fitting has busted. I noticed an oil leak but couldn't figure out where it was coming from, now I know.

Also, video update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF87fySMTOk

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
So since the last time I updated this thread, so much has changed. Let me list the change that were made, then we'll get to dyno numbers and pictures

Twin Walbro 455lph pumps (we just maxxed these out tonight haha)
FID 2000cc Injectors (used to have 1000's)
E85 (was on c16 previously)
MFactory Cuff (now a 4speed)
BorgWarner sx400 67mm turbo
3" cold side charge pipe
4" up-pipe
1200hp intercooler
vtec locked in via speed factory pins

Dyno numbers: 33lbs of boost it made 834/502 we were limited power wise due to pumps.

Pics:

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
First time out in the new car, as expected some issues arose. However, it felt good just to be going down the track once again. Looking forward to the rest of the year and seeing if I can dip into the 9's and just how deep into them it can go.