definitely an electrical issue, im stuck and need input

thehuntsauce

While driving my '98 Integra LS on the highway the other day my wife and i smelled suddenly what could easily been a fire underneath the hood, upon inspecting, no sign of any charring or evidence of a fire, and since the engine temp gauge stayed put throughout, felt it was safe to drive home. then yesterday before leaving the house, i wanted to check the lights/signals before leaving, and when i did, i noticed the drivers side low beam was significantly dimmer than the passenger side, and when testing the turn signals, as soon as the lever is engaged left or right, the signal comes on and works, but so does the windshield wipers finally, when i turned on the high beams, i lost the driver side headlight all together and just had passenger side high beam. i checked the alternator and looking down at it the coils inside of it look like they're green with corrosion, perhaps this could be the culprit? please any input from anyone is appreciated

thehuntsauce

UPDATE: I have now checked all the fuses underneath the dashboard, as well as all fuses underneath the hood. Ive yet to officially check all the relays, but did conduct a visual inspection of the relays, with no charring or obvious signs of malfunction. I did however take a second look at the driver side low beam bulb, and there appears to be a light brown cloudy sorta stain on what appears to be the inside of the actual bulb, so its not lookin too promising that itll have much time left. but other than that ive still got absolutely no idea what could be grounding out maybe, or shorting out and giving me all these troubles =(

I know shes goin on 23 years old, and shes held up like a champ...but dammit man, that was part of the allure when i bought her, 100% unmolested, untouched and had the honor of only having Honda Dealership mechanics under her hood. So lets hope this isnt the beginning of the end of the massive electrical nightmare that spells the demise of the teggy...

please help

thehuntsauce

Another Update: Bought the headlight toggle switch for the steering column to see if that was the culprit, unfortunately still having the same issue. I'm running outta options ya'll, any sorta help at all would be so appreciated...I'm at my wits end ️