Dented header performance effect?

physchomoon

Hello everyone, sadly i just dent my brand new skunk2 header. I was driving pretty fast down small streets and i hit to dips out of nowhere.! ='/. I looked under my car and i have a sick ass dent in my header now. Plus my check engine light went on. Well i was wondering if anyone knew if it would affect my cars performance? Let me know if u have any advise. Thanks in advance.

-Joe

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
The larger the dent the more it chokes the exhaust flow. I dont know if a 'sick ass dent' is in inches or millimeters but you decide whether you want to repair it or not. I hear its cheap to have dents fixed. They cut out the section thats dented and weld on new pipe. Check your cel and have it resolved of course.

Jay417

Beast From The East
A lot of ppl Tell me I should slam my Teggy. I tell them NO. And this is why. You pay a lot o money for the performance parts and as you can see slamming the car or dropping it a lot hurts the car in many ways. I know a lot of u don't agree with what I'm saying cause "slamming" the car is "cool" but hey I have had my Teggy since 02 and still In perfect shape cause I take care of it. So what I'm trying to say is maybe you need to raise your car a bit and this wouldn't happen

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Cel went on because u prob broke an o2 sensor on impact as well

j13

Keep It Clean
I suggest buying a new header. Or if it's a 2pc try and buy the collector section.

A lot of ppl Tell me I should slam my Teggy. I tell them NO. And this is why. You pay a lot o money for the performance parts and as you can see slamming the car or dropping it a lot hurts the car in many ways. I know a lot of u don't agree with what I'm saying cause "slamming" the car is "cool" but hey I have had my Teggy since 02 and still In perfect shape cause I take care of it. So what I'm trying to say is maybe you need to raise your car a bit and this wouldn't happen
Yeah, if nobody wants wheel gap, a clean 19" wheel will do the trick! Jk

Jay417

Beast From The East
j13 said:
Yeah, if nobody wants wheel gap, a clean 19" wheel will do the trick! Jk
I won't go smaller than 17 inch rims. Unless I do the 5 lug conversion, then I'll get the AP1 stock wheels.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I had dents taken out of my header without having to cut out the dent and welding in a new piece. I believe it cost me around $80.