Digital Speedometer?

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
IIRC, the 'industry standard' margin of error for speedometers is seven percent. Beyond that, your speedo issues could be caused by something as simple as wrong size tires. I know on some older GM cars with electric speedometers, a resistor can fail which causes the speedo to be off, but we're talking 40-is-really-20 differences (I had a parts car did this, HUD was right, speedo was exponentially higher,) but have never heard of it on Hondas. Not sure if a speedo gear would cause it to be off by that little (do we even have speedo gears?) I would think it would either work or be broken...

EDIT: Totally just realized this is 2G section. Could be wear on the speedo cable. Not sure if you can adjust that out, though I recall reading something online about shimming the cable for adjustment.

Last edited:

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
We have VSS, vehicle speed sensor. Would that be 7% of the current speed? So lets just say my speedo says 100, i might actually be doing 93 or 107 mph?

Sent from my DC4

Last edited:

RS01

A GPS unit is pretty cheap and after a while you will know your speed by your RPMs. If you can use GPS in an airplane for flight planning it should work in a car. :)

Nick_C78

For the record, all cars come from the factory reading a little high. This is sort of a way to keep people from "speeding". Even newer cars and of different makes. Not just Hondas. And as previously stated lots of things factor in to the reading; wheels, tires, final drive and speedo gearing modifications and of course all of the sensors involved.

dlo253

I'd just download a GPS app on your phone and turn it on and drive at different speeds.
I want s2000 cluster but the money...
I want an s2k cluster too, need another DD tho so I could take my time on the harness lol..

drevans_satx

Dylan
I want an s2k cluster too, need another DD tho so I could take my time on the harness lol..
Wire-worx.com sells a complete plug and play harness with magic box. One you gather all the parts and wire in the 2 little dealies I forgot the name of. Its probably an afternoon of actual install time. I'm pretty set on an s2k cluster in the R..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Its all digital, with a second gen s2000 cluster, id say its worth it. My only concern is the tach/redline

Sent from my DC4

drevans_satx

Dylan
Its all digital, with a second gen s2000 cluster, id say its worth it. My only concern is the tach/redline

Sent from my DC4
There was a guy with a s2k cluster in his gsr and he had the redline set at the factory 8000 or whatever it is. It has the potential to function just as well as the original.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BrigitteGarrett

A storyboard provides a perfect jumping off point for animators to get an idea of how a shot should look before starting animation. It is then the job of 212research.com and the animators to interpret each frame of the storyboard or animatic and bring the characters and props to life with their own creative flair.Smart animation studios know that a storyboard is the best starting point for a video production project.