DIY: Amber interior lighting

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I'm actually in the process of doing mine right now, but I got the ukdm cluster and I'm buying the itr clock.. i'll take pics once I'm done w/ it!

the dyi clocks to me looks very dull, so thats why I'm buying the itr one.

superchi

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH
I would do this except the right half of my climate control starting from the rear defroster down to the radio doesn't light up....does anyone know why that may be?

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
I would do this except the right half of my climate control starting from the rear defroster down to the radio doesn't light up....does anyone know why that may be?
my guess would be burnt out bulbs. my rear defrost and hazard switches didn't light up so i bought new bulbs for both.

part number 1 is what you need. there are four total in the climate control assembly.

if that doesn't work, try checking fuses. does your climte control work at all? or does it just not light up?

Last edited:

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
mine didnt either so i just bought new bulbs. they are like $5 each at a dealership.

superchi

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH
my guess would be burnt out bulbs. my rear defrost and hazard switches didn't light up so i bought new bulbs for both.

part number 1 is what you need. there are four total in the climate control assembly.

if that doesn't work, try checking fuses. does your climte control work at all? or does it just not light up?

My climate control works fine, but if you split it down the middle, nothing on the passenger side lights up; defroster button, half of the A/C controls, and part of the radio buttons. I'd take pictures if I had a camera. I'm guessing it may just be a bulb.

eg9

I just used the 194 amber bulbs in the cluster and it turned out great but will have to try this for the clock and cruise control switch. I bought a jdm climate control section when I first got my teg so everything lights up amber on it. Great write up tho a few things I will try.

tekwun01

Integra climate control

I just started this on my 00 integra gsr. when using the nail polish remover on the buttons nothing stayed. so now i got a clear climate control button. did i do something wrong???

maltedbarley

Be careful when you are rubbing off the blue and white with the nail polish remover, if you rub too hard it can distort the symbols. I saw on the team integra article that the guy that did this didn't remove the blue. Does this have any difference?

JohnCarter

if you rub too hard it can distort the symbols.
I distorted my symbols also. The only fix I can think of is to print out symbols and put them inside the buttons. Due to the risk of messing up your buttons, I don't recommend using nail polish remover.