DIY: Change gauge cluster lights/ Under dash neons

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Okay.. Well then it's either an issue with your computer or photobucket.. Either way I will fix those in the morning. :thumbs up if you really want, you can look at em on photobucket and see if the illustrations are there... They should be

8-bit

do what now?
real good write-up!
thanks for the info. looking foward to doing this my self sometime soon.

Wells1126

I know this is kinda old but I did my gauge lights the other day looks awesome took me only 5 minutes lol so sick! But now I need to install my underdash get I have 4 tubes I think they are 10in I wanna put them uderdash do I just scree it in or what? I'm not good at anything like this also wanna put 1 under each how would I do that? And the pictures of your power going to the switch where are those wires at? Do I have to take the whole dash apart?

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Never too old for a good bump :thumbs up post pics of the gauges! As for the neon it's personal preference as to how u mount them, but yes u can screw them in, I've also played around with Velcro, just didn't work cz the summer heat melted the adhesive so they kept falling down :cussing: of ur just doing te 2 under the dash, u can splice the power wires together so that you only have ine wire to worry about for power. The wires to the switch, one is power (which I recently found I wired to the switcher on my amp, will edit original post with this info when I get the chance) and the other is to the ground. The wires came from my personal stash of wires if that's what ur asking, and the only thing u need to remove dash-wise (only if ur wiring it to a switch like mine) is the center console that runs up to the dash. Hope this helps!

Wells1126

Im just gonna have to ask my buddy cuz i know absolutely nothing about this idk which wires are which how to get to them or what the crap to do when i do get to them lol but thanks ill post pics as soon as i figure out how lol its tight especially since i know nothing about cars and i did it myself makes me feel like a stud haha

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to write this up. Just bought my Teg and the middle light on the cluster is out. This will save me some time trying to figure out what to do, and most likely some $ that I would have given to a shop when I failed. haha

JDMb20DC2

Good write up, i just did it myself and it wasn't to hard so if this DIY can't help people than they don't need to be working on cars lol.

I think i need wider bulbs or something cause yours slows FULLY blue some parts where my mileage is at, isnt the color i picked i guess i got a thinner bulb or w/e

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Ha thanks, and I agree, it's SUPER easy to do.

And if it's not lighting everything up, probably means ur bulbs aren't bright enough, what did you use?