DIY: Change gauge cluster lights/ Under dash neons

94RS

No fucks given.
I think the HVAC controls use the twist lock connectors, right? Try turning the connector around. It can fit in both ways, but it'll only light up one way. Doesn't help that it looks identical on both sides....

Are you trying to run the heater with the car running, or just on the ACC key position?

94RS

No fucks given.
Okay, I'll try that tomorrow. My car is parked outdoors and it's already night time and raining.

But I ran the heater when it was running and it was just cold air blowing. There was heat before but I probably screwed up on something. The temperature slider also slides without resistance, there used to be resistance before. :(
Did you put the slider cable loop back on the peg under the dash...?

R13

The other asshole
Can you do me a favor and take a pic of this in your car?

There's gotta be something you've not done right.

R13

The other asshole
Ah, well good luck with it. :thumbs up

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
From my experience, i remember the led over by the circulation/recirculation buttons wasnt the brightest area. If you look at where the bulb is located, its a pretty good distance away. Unless you want to paint the inside of it white to carry the light to that location, you are just gonna have to deal with it being dim.

Also, the defrost button does glow. However, the bulb you need isnt a t3 bulb, it is a dildo type bulb. If you look directly behind the controls, you will see a rubber thingy that is brown. That is the bulb that is burnt out to illuminate the defrost part of the button. Not to be confused with the amber part that lights up when you press the defrost button.

3rd, i was going to suggest to have a friend look under where the cable connects, to see if its sliding the metal arm to adjust the cold and hot air. No resistance means it wasnt hooked up properly. But you already knew that.

Good Luck

R13

The other asshole
I had issues changing my bulbs to LED's, sometimes you have to pull them out and turn the socket around or just fuck with them until they work.

Dnethics

I hope I don't get in trouble for bringing some of these old threads back.
My cluster

R13

The other asshole
Why would you get in trouble for bringing back one of the most helpful threads for one of the best cheap mods on this site? :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I hope I don't get in trouble for bringing some of these old threads back.

My cluster

Are those pink or the UV bulbs?

Next up should be matching the HVAC controls, then white dome, trunk lights, and plate lights :thumbs up

Why would you get in trouble for bringing back one of the most helpful threads for one of the best cheap mods on this site? :lol:

Probably because I said something in that valve cover thread :lol:

Dnethics

I know in some websites, ppl get irritated for bringing back old threads. I guess not here

Dnethics

Cluster is purple & that's all I'm doing with the lighting. None of that trunk lights or plate light matching for me.

R13

The other asshole
The stock dome light/trunk light is fucking useless though :lol:

Honestly I never cared for messing with the dome light either, but my truck came with white LED maps lights and a blue LED dome light and I really like it. Anyone who sees my truck at night is also always like "Woooah cool!" :rolf: