Enamel or Primer?

Nelkaly

My hood is MAD faded to pink so I'd like to quickly just repaint it a matte/satin black. My friend painted his hood just the black primer but I was wondering if I should use the enamel or primer?

j13

Keep It Clean
Why black? Why now just paint it Red to match the car?

Well if you must have black...than use primer, lightly sand it down, than use a Matte Black enamel paint. They also have Semi Gloss black which looks nice also.

Goodluck!

bradster101

black will look like mine... in other words, sexy lol

Remember that enamel is a little harder to paint and it is a final finsh, I would use primer to start with -or- you could go to a body shop, if you have it ready for paint they would prolly do it for 100

Nelkaly

Because It would stand out from the rest of the car if I repainted it red, and I dont have the skill lol. Figured a black hood would do unroll I have enough to repaint the entire car. So if I prepped the hood for paint, they'd probably paint it for $100? And ya I think the black hood makes it look hott lol

j13

Keep It Clean
black hood does look sexy
People buy CF hoods and never paint them, is a played out trend.

Painting the hood black to replicate a CF hood, and thinks it looks good = gay. In my opinion that's considered rice.

bradster101

People buy CF hoods and never paint them, is a played out trend.

Painting the hood black to replicate a CF hood, and thinks it looks good = gay. In my opinion that's considered rice.
I dont think thats why a lot of people do it... and if your dumb enough to think that, go ahead :lol:

Like me for example... I did it because I wanted to seperate me from the crowd. 99% of cars on the road are all one color with nothing to set em off, plus it matches my theme

j13

Keep It Clean
I did it because I wanted to seperate me from the crowd. 99% of cars on the road are all one color with nothing to set em off, plus it matches my theme
Lame. To each his own. Its your car, atleast I'm not the one who has to drive it :thumbs up

Last edited: