Engine bogs sometimes in first gear?

slacker

Slackin since '88
Sometimes when I take off normally from a stop in first, the engine will bog a bit and stutter, but any other gear is fine. It only happens sometimes. Do you think it is a ecu problem? I don't know much about honda motors, maybe a bad tps sensor?

heykosal

Angkorian
Bogs and stutters..While you're releasing the clutch and giving it gas? Or when it's already in gear and you're trying to accelerate?

Daybid

Dump or Die.
recently, my car started bogging at 5k every gear after 2.. But i took it to my friends house to fix, and it was fine after.

first. unplugged battery
second. needed oil
third(KEY). plugged battery back in.(resets ecu)
:]

slacker

Slackin since '88
Yeah I'm going to be doing a complete tune up soon, I just got the car and need to get a paycheck first lol. I was just asking cause I didn't know if it was a common problem with these cars.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
No it will affect the car most at low rpm starts. Once your going enough fuel is flowing to not notice it.

slacker

Slackin since '88
Today it happened in 5th gear too. I'm starting to think fuel filter as well.. I can't wait to give it a full tune up

UrOwnSOn

Having the same issue. I know its an old post but I have a 97 LS and when I take of in first my car sometimes bogs and the rpms stop but when I let off the gas or mash it, it takes off like a bat out of hell and jerks me around. PLEASE HELP!!!

pinatigerdc4

Having the same issue. I know its an old post but I have a 97 LS and when I take of in first my car sometimes bogs and the rpms stop but when I let off the gas or mash it, it takes off like a bat out of hell and jerks me around. PLEASE HELP!!!
This happened to me. I reset the ecu and it ran fine after. What did you do?

Sent from my s2k seats. now Free