Engine repeatly dieing out. Random with or with out gas applied

Frankentegra11

Hey starting a new thread as I'm having the most difficult time finding a definite answer to my specific case. Is a read but figure more info the better if you'd like to tackle this one. Brief vehicle description, what problems I've had, what I've diagnosed, what parts have been replaced with new or known working.

1996 Acura Integra, B18C1 swap, ECU P72 OBD1, stock engine with aftermarket IM/header. OEM alarm system, removed aftermarket stereo system and wiring. Has no ABS or EVAP system.

I had this car up and running smoothly for about a month after completing the engine swap. In that time I encountered code 3, 7, 43 and overheating which ended up being a headgasket leak. All sensors were dealt with and codes cleared on their own. Before I got to the HG took out the thermostat and jumped the fan to give me longer trips. On my last drive the car bogged out and died, I got it started and back home, staying in 1st or 2nd just to keep the rpm up. Next day it starts up rough 3000rpm and when gas is applied the cars chokes up and dies. The engine would surprisingly continue running when MAP, or TPS were unplugged. Any input on that it has me confused? Did the HG job following Haynes manual. There was no oil/coolant mixing but there was significant amount of water in all 4 cylinders and water got into the return fuel line. After the car would start at very high rpm or drop to nearly 200 and die out. Applying gas still bogs the engine out or does nothing to the rpm randomly. New spark plugs used have black tips now like it's running rich but engine acts starved for fuel. There's no codes being given unfortunately, have zero power issues everything turns on.

Here's what I've checked/replaced, not in chronological order.
-No vacuum, fuel, coolant leaks
-Dropped out contaminated fuel, new half tank of 91octane. Fuel additive to remove any remaining water
-New oil/filter
-AJUSA Headgasket, Compression tested 240, 220, 230, 240
-All grounds are tight and clean
-Cam, crank, ignition timing marks align correctly
-ECU/jumper pins, engine wire harness connectors are correct, tight and clean
-Main relay×2, both clicking correctly with ign turn. Fuel pump primes
-All fuses are good, battery is holding charge at 12.55v
-Starter resting at 12.55v, is new, smoothly engages with ign turn
-Engine cranks over, done by hand and with ign turn over
-Distributor×2 both give spark to all wires, 1 is near new
-Jumped clutch safety switch, the button is there but had to try
-Swapped ECU's×3, alternator, starter, TPS, MAP, IACV, CTS, o2, spark plugs, wires,
-New fuel pump/strainer/filter, all injectors spray on ign turn
-Throttle body/IACV/fuel regulator and rail cleaned out and reassembled
-Water pump takes coolant from reservoir, new T-stat
-Catalytic separated from header gave same symptoms

What am I missing guys? I'll have a fuel pressure reading in a few days but the tank seems pressurized when I loosen up the cap or filter. Possible fuel is still compromised the 2nd time around? Can't find anything conclusive in my research, any advice or alike experience's shared would be much appreciated!

Last edited: