Engine Shaking... HELP

BigRob176

OK so heres the deal. I got this 90' integra RS (AT) and was told that the distributor is the reason for the shaking, but the guy admits he dont know much about cars, someone told him thats what it was.
need some more opinions before i start wasting money.

car turns over kinda ok, and the stearing wheel shakes, shakes just alil harder when i start accelerating, but once the car is moving the vibration goes away and all is smooth until i hit about 3rpm and it'l shake alil more, but once the gears shift it'll go away. It starts shakin again when im commin to a stop. It doesnt seem like it wants to turn off though so im not worried about it diein out at a stop sign... iit idles pretty steady.. anyone knows what might be the problem???:([/LEFT][/CENTER][/CENTER]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
check your motor mounts. so many people blame other stuff for a shaking engine when it's as simple as a loose motor mount

BigRob176

ok ima deff check em out, i thought the same thing, but i wasnt sure if the motor mounts would cause the shaking while accelerating and stopping..also at 3rpm.. i just found that odd but ill look into it..thnx

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
It could even be a really bad alignment if it's only happening when moving. I would make sure your timing if ok and your valve clearance are fine. Make sure all belts are on the pullies properly and not loose and dangling down. Make a video if you can. That would help us.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
It could even be a really bad alignment if it's only happening when moving. I would make sure your timing if ok and your valve clearance are fine. Make sure all belts are on the pullies properly and not loose and dangling down. Make a video if you can. That would help us.
x2 on the video

leftyfork

It is absolutely vital that you resolder all connections on your main relay before spending any money. My car acted exactly like this, and when I redid the solder joints, it was like driving a new car. Crazy, but free and a "must do" before you do any other work on the car. If you send it to me I will fix it for you, or Follow these directions.
http://techauto.awardspace.com/

Prozon

Kris
It's only free if you have a soldering iron lol.

I wouldn't even worry about the engine mount until the engine is running solid though.

BigRob176

its not a driving problem, the brakes are fine.. no shaking in that department.... it shakes when i first turn the car on .. then while driving it shakes at at 3rpm it wont go past 3 rpm actualy...it still shifts tho after kindajumpin alil

????

92_JDM

check your motor mounts. it might've cracked causing it to move the engine around the engine bay.

92GSRneedswork

i had vibrations under acceleration, and like u said it would stop once i got moving, and it ended up being my half shaft, i just got a new one and it fixed the problem, easy install too