Engine stops revving at 3000 RPM

charged1968

Hey guys, been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG time since i posted on here back when I had a 95 teg. I recently picked up a 1990 teg that a guy swapped a b18a1 into. i noticed it had a different ECU in it. I think on the outside it says "Attitude Dynamics" or something. Anyways, every time i drive it, It stops revving at 3000 RPM. Almost like ive hit the rev limiter as it makes the same sound. Is that a timing issue? ECU issue? Any help is appreciated Thanks

OLDSKOOLACURA

Sounds like the same problem I had with my motorcycle a while back. Turned out it was the throttle body sensor was bad.

Worth a look

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

96LSteg

Jemel
I had this happen to my car...turns out a tooth was broken in my TPS...

dullah1990

hello everyone I am new to this so please excuse my informalities. I recently bought a 1990 integra ls that has been converted to an obd1, the problem I am having with the car is it will not rev past 3500 rpm I ran the code and it was a code 4 crankshaft sensor so I bought a brand new obd1 distributor and I changed the harnesses for it and installed it in the car, however I now am still having the same problem car wont rev over 3500 rpms and Im still showing a code 4.... can anyone please help me out as to what the problem may be or if I've missed something.
thanks guys in advance

96LSteg

Jemel
hello everyone I am new to this so please excuse my informalities. I recently bought a 1990 integra ls that has been converted to an obd1, the problem I am having with the car is it will not rev past 3500 rpm I ran the code and it was a code 4 crankshaft sensor so I bought a brand new obd1 distributor and I changed the harnesses for it and installed it in the car, however I now am still having the same problem car wont rev over 3500 rpms and Im still showing a code 4.... can anyone please help me out as to what the problem may be or if I've missed something.
thanks guys in advance
What motor do you have? B18a1 or b1? I believe that the B1 has the crank sensor down at the oil pump and I don't think the A1 has a crank sensor...

Sent from your mom's room using Tapatalk

dullah1990

i have a b18 a01009040, everything is pointing to the distributor but i already replaced it so I'm stuck.

96LSteg

Jemel
what is a b18 a01009040?!?!? there are different B18s so you have to be a little more specific. What is stamped on your block where the block and tranny meet? and again if you have replaced the dizzy and its still doing the same thing then it wasn't the dizzy at all...if you have a B18B1 it could be the crank sensor itself which is located at the oil pump...you should replace the crank sensor itself (at the oil pump) and see if that helps...you should also check your TPS (as i stated earlier) because i had one tooth broken in it and my car would not rev pass 3k...

dullah1990

ok so i do have a A1 engine thanks a lot for that. now is it possible that I am still having the problem because i have a b18b distributor in the car my mechanic says no because if thats the problem i would have had extra wires on the harness.

96LSteg

Jemel
no a B1 and an A1 are essentially the same thing...check for vac leaks, check your cat and if you have a crank sensor on your oil pump I would replace it...