Engine Surges and stalls

NeedAcuraHELP

Hi, first time Acura owner. well here is the problem my integra will have idle surges or "hunts" that will range from 500 to around 1100 rpms. i can start the car just fine cold, but when it gets to operating temp after around 30 minutes of driving the idle gets crazy. Then the idle will jump from 0 to 3000 rpms and stall out and die for around 20 minutes or so this is annoying problem on the road. if i try and give it gas when it is about to stall it just puts smoke out from under the hood>>> can anyone help me?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Hi, first time Acura owner. well here is the problem my integra will have idle surges or "hunts" that will range from 500 to around 1100 rpms. i can start the car just fine cold, but when it gets to operating temp after around 30 minutes of driving the idle gets crazy. Then the idle will jump from 0 to 3000 rpms and stall out and die for around 20 minutes or so this is annoying problem on the road. if i try and give it gas when it is about to stall it just puts smoke out from under the hood>>> can anyone help me?
possibly distributor is going bad. you throwing a code? maybe your idle air control valve

NeedAcuraHELP

the distrib could be going bad but was checked a while ago at the shop and it was okay and there are no codes that are showing. and the smoke comes out from under the hood. any ideas on that?