Engine swap shop/mechanic recommendation around Seattle

dustyscreams

The timing belt on my '98 Integra broke, had just 70k miles on the belt. Rather than pay for a rebuild, I'm considering a JDM engine swap, B18B engine. Any recommendations for a shop or independent mechanic in the Seattle area who could do this for me?

Love my Integra and want to keep it around.

dustyscreams

Valves are damaged. Quote for pulling the head and refacing/replacing valves is $2,500. Boroscope investigation showed a mark on one piston but it appears intact. There is still a chance that when they pull the head and get a closer look they may find piston damage.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Valves are damaged. Quote for pulling the head and refacing/replacing valves is $2,500. Boroscope investigation showed a mark on one piston but it appears intact. There is still a chance that when they pull the head and get a closer look they may find piston damage.
I'll drive out and do it for $2000 :D

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
Get a b20 got mine done for 830 including engine. Not sure what the labor charge is in seattle ,but your best bet is to govfind direct jdm importers.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Pull the head yourself.

Seattle is littered with b18s. I can find them complete for $80 a pop and $300 for a whole nother engine.

Don't be so quick to take things to a mechanic if you can do it yourself. The only time I go to a shop is for alignments and tire changes.

Alwaus check damages yourself first.

94RS

No fucks given.
Get a b20 got mine done for 830 including engine. Not sure what the labor charge is in seattle ,but your best bet is to govfind direct jdm importers.
This.

I got a B20 that looked brand new for $600 shipped and paid a buddy of mine $500 to swap the engine and a ton of other stuff I needed.

$2500 is crack price.

Last edited:

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
Exactly! Buy a b20 you wont regret it. Just make sure you shop around, i found a jdm importer who do installs on craigslist. Plus you get more torque!

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Unless a valve was dropped then its highly unlikely that a piston is damaged. The valve always bends first. Valves are cheap. I think you could find someone to pull the head cheaper or DIY.