F*ck the K20 swap; there's a new swap in town! - G23

ivanvtec

For those of you who are bashing on the G23 VTEC featured in Import Tuner Magazine, it was actually a sick build up. You guys completely forgot about the K20 PISTONS!!!... which fit perfectly on stock F23A1 rods. A K20A piston would bring the compression level to about 11.5:1 give or take a few tenths considering each build is slightly different. If you crave more power you can simply install aftermarket high compression pistons which would get along well with the IRON F23A1 sleeves that are STRONGER than H-Series sleeves being able to run a successful compression of 12.8:1 as shown with the G23 VTEC build featured in Import Tuner Magazine. Thats a whopping 248hp with more torque than any b series!!

If you think its not worth building a G23 VTEC (F23 block/H22 head) as compared to just buying a B18/H22/K20 then you are just another chump with money but no skills because the G23 VTEC is a better bang for the buck. If you are "too rich" to get your hands dirty then I recommend you stay away from a G23 VTEC build considering that its only appropriate for those with mechanical skills and experience who are able to build custom motors that out perform it's more expensive rivals.

NA or FI... THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
This would be a perfect side project to start. pick up a crx shell, s
Some drag radials ans a seat a harness ans helmet ... passmake it ass tec check .. and it off to the races. I say with 3 k u could have a fast lil track beater .. given u search for parts

94RS

No fucks given.
Wow!!! 4 year old thread bump by someone that's NOT a noob, according to their join date anyway.....

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Fuck this gay frankenstein bullshit. 6000 dollars for scrapped together engine that makes 250whp. You could make that out of a regular h22 for way less.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I had one of these abominations in an eg coupe back in 08. Hated it so much that I traded for my current Integra lol. Damn thing pissed oil out of the corner of it constantly. Mine was actually a G22

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
The only benefit is can see is not having to deal with the frm sleeves, but they really aren't that bad and I'd just as quick send to golden eagle and pay a grand then deal with all this nonsense.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Yeah machining would fix it, but at the same time a straight F22 swap or straight h22 swap would've been a much better choice. I didn't do the swap in the car, I got the car with that swap already in it. It had absolutely no balls and couldn't get out of its own way lol.

Blue95gsr

That car you smoked!
Yeah machining would fix it, but at the same time a straight F22 swap or straight h22 swap would've been a much better choice. I didn't do the swap in the car, I got the car with that swap already in it. It had absolutely no balls and couldn't get out of its own way lol.
:haha:

IMHO it's like have a J series. It's awesome and all, but why? and then you have to find the tranny from a specific time period etc... I would sink those funds into a K or increase the B I have.