Fedor Emelianenko...

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
Fedor Emelianenko was handed his first TRUE loss tonight. Damn It!!!!!

Very classy in defeat. Was not bitter, showed nothing put pure class. Regardless of the fact that he got caught in a nasty triangle choke/weak armbar, he is still the best pound for pound fighter in the world, hands down.

Fedor Emelianenko 31-2 (the only other "loss" on his record was a controversial doctor stoppage in one of his first few fights. it was declared a loss because it was a tournament, and a winner HAD to be named in order for someone to advance)

Tonight, Fabricio Werdum became to man to stop the legend. I am shocked...

Fedor was clearly disappointed, and from seeing it live, as well as watching the replays, he CLEARLY showed great hesitation when it came time to tap.

ACJett

Enthusiast
He should have never followed Werdum to the ground. Now we have Carwin vs Lesnar to look forward to this weekend!

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
he's not ready for Brock. :)

hahahahaha
he'd still kill Brock. There is a rumor going around that the fight was rigged. Definitely not what I want to hear. If there is any merit to this, and Fedor had any knowledge of this, I will lose ALL respect for him. I doubt it's true, but after watching the fight over and over, and listening to the commentators, etc. hyping werdum, and barely mentioning fedor during the fight, it doesn't seem too unrealistic :(

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well I would hope they wouldn't rig something of this nature as well. But the loss isn't that big of a suprise to me.

Like in all competitive sports, it's not a matter of "IF" you will lose, but "WHEN". Nobody is perfect, and competing for any decent length of time with many quality fighters reaching really high levels of competition, one mistake can lead to a loss for anyone. I am not suprised, it is inevitable. I really doubt anyone expects Fedor (or anyone for that matter) to go undefeated for their entire career. With high levels of competition, highly trained athletes, no perfect person....it's just not far fetched.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
they'll be a rematch right away and fedor will avenge his loss with no questions. carwin will beat brock. randy couture is training with brock and when he was asked who would win the fight, he answered, "carwin."

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
they'll be a rematch right away and fedor will avenge his loss with no questions. carwin will beat brock. randy couture is training with brock and when he was asked who would win the fight, he answered, "carwin."
THIS...

Brock is just strong. That is it. His standup is pitiful at best. His accuracy is a joke. All he has as a weapon is ground and pound.

Shane Carwin is everything Brock isn't. He's actually GOOD. Shane is very well versed in stand up, on the ground, and in the clinch.

Keep a couple things in mind. Shane, when fighting in a previous promotion, used to fight at 285lbs. He's used to fighting bigger guys than Brock. The weight limit is 265lbs. Which is a MASSIVE cut for Lesnar (who walks around at around 300lbs or more). Whereas, Carwin is COMFORTABLE at any weight between 250-280. Not much work to get to that 265 limit.

Carwin is in his playground. Brock is the bully that is invading that playground, and is about to get dealt with.