Few questions on HID's

Moose_Gumps

So I'm buying the 8000k 55watt HID kit for my low beams this thursday, but I had a few questions regarding high beam light bulbs. I didn't wanna get a HID kit for my high beams because of the warm up time, so I was thinking of getting PIAA yellow bulbs, but wasn't sure if there would be a better option. Any suggestions?

Also, I really like the look of blue panel inserts, and I have yet to try to find somewhere online I can buy them for a good price. Any help?

And lastly, I am redoing my sound system, I already have my deck installed, now I'm working on getting 4 new good speakers with 2 tweeters. I need a few choices, I kind of suck at picking good audio modifications :\

96PurpGS-R

LOLUMAD?
I would get sylvania's for high beams.

You can get the inserts on ebay
When I had my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix, I used Sylvanias for the headlights, high beams and fogs. I noticed the bulbs burn out quickly for the headlights. I had to replace at least one every 4-6 months, for the 3 years that I used them in that car.

Moose_Gumps

so should I go ahead and go with the PIAA bulbs? I was thinking about getting the sylvania's at first but heard bad reviews. I want to stick with the yellow hi-beam bulbs but just am unsure what brand to go with.

HondaDNA

The high beams will be on at the same time the low beams are on, or as in my case the high beams will be on when ever the car is on and the parking brake isn't set. You could also wire them to a switch and turn them on that way.

Moose_Gumps

how would I go about wiring them as fogs? I kind of suck with electrical stuff but I can learn!

I am about to order the 8000k hids, integras have a 9006 bulb right? Lol.. Also do I just need the HID kit or do I also need the harness and error eliminator etc?

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Have any of you seen 3k inperson? They are blinding bright! Putting them in your high beams is plan stuiped. Not to mention waste of money.. They will bring nothing but unwanted attention from cops. I'm not playing saint, by all means, I'm running 3k hids in my fogs. But I rarely use them when driving,they are that bright,look in my log if you don't belive me.

Hids aren't plug n play in fogs and error elimator is only for german cars. No need for them in tegs.

Moose_Gumps

Have any of you seen 3k inperson? They are blinding bright! Putting them in your high beams is plan stuiped. Not to mention waste of money.. They will bring nothing but unwanted attention from cops. I'm not playing saint, by all means, I'm running 3k hids in my fogs. But I rarely use them when driving,they are that bright,look in my log if you don't belive me.

Hids aren't plug n play in fogs and error elimator is only for german cars. No need for them in tegs.
Probably won't go with those :\

I'll stick to the 8k low beams, and try to figure out what to do with the high beams.

Will I need a harness for my kit? Never bought a HID kit before

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Imo I would do 8k,very poor light visibility, I'd get either 4300K or 6000K. 6k has hint of blue.

As far as high beam if you want the yellow look for high beams you can either buy piaa yellow bulbs or get yellow film.

All you need to do is order a 9006 hid kit for your can,and its plug n play. Hardest part is finding place to hide the ballast. My last set of hids,lasted 4yrs,so they are worth the $,they recently went out and I order ddm tuning hids with lifetime warranty.

Moose_Gumps

I really would like the 8000k, I heard those are the most popular/give out the best visibility. Have you had the 8000ks before?