Fresh Type-R Guide line

quickmr2

Starting with a stock Type-R what should be done to get more power first? I am looking for a guide line to follow, seeing how this is my first Integra I am planing on building. I finally made the decision to go with the Type-R vs all other options. Just looking forward to do little things here and there to get more power. I already have a good Exhaust system. Any positive input will be appreciated thank you.

Ryan659

You need a game plan, do you want NA or boost. How much hp you want, etc... Then you need to research. It's been done time and time again. The info is out there waiting for you :D

XjoEnX

You need a game plan, do you want NA or boost. How much hp you want, etc... Then you need to research. It's been done time and time again. The info is out there waiting for you :D
:thumbs up You'll also want to set a proper budget. How much do you have or how much you can spare for it aside from other things you have to pay for.

drevans_satx

Dylan
Intake: If it's a type-r then the Mugen Icebox is very nice, but pricy. The alternative is to use your stock air box with a better filter or stock and plumb a velocity stack with pvc. Its damn easy and it works. Better than an CAI crap and it still remains looking OEM as hell.

Header: It's up to you. The Hytech replica header is always thrown out there...I personally run the Skunk2 Alpha header.

Exhaust: You already have that taken car of.

Anything else really comes down to what you want to do and your budget.
Valvetrain and cams are always easy to do and rather inexpensive considering the FI prices, but you'd have to tune asap.

just my $.02

quickmr2

Thanks for Input

Thank you guys for all the input, I plan on not leaving it stock. Due to the fact I want more power, yet because the swap is so much money, I will have little to invest for a while. So, it sounds like the air system would be next in line to replace. I do not plan on Boosting it, because I want all motor. Would like to get it to rev higher than stock eventually. Wont I need to get a programmable ECU so it can be tuned before I get any power boost from any mod? Or is that a myth?

drevans_satx

Dylan
Tuning always has its benefits.
If you get a chipped ECU now you'll have less to worry about later on when you want to make N/A power.

edd805

Treat her good my friend no cheap parts take your time save up put quality parts boost would be the best bank for your buck i hear but all motor=Boss Gl