Front crossmember labor costs/time to repair?

miyusenu

I was advised by an alignment shop that my front crossmember was bent on the passenger side. This may have been the result of my curbing my car at over 35 mph.

The best answer I came across was that it take 2 hours for the Honda Prelude

The hardest suspension work I've done myself on my vehicle is removing the steering knuckle to change the lower ball joint which took me over 4 hours. I'd like to leave this to the shop and get an alignment while at it.

Last edited:

here&there

In St. Louis, MO
Did you ask what the shop (hourly) rate was?
At my Honda dealer the shop rate is $155/hr and at my Acura dealer the shop rate is $175/hr.
My Independent Import shop has an hourly rate of $110.
You can call your Honda dealer's part counter and see how much the part costs , do some math, and estimate your total costs.
You can get on Facebook, join a local Honda or Acura Club and ask for shop recommendations. Sometimes Honda Mechanics do side work on their weekends for $50/hr(ish) and use the employee discount to get you the parts. They don't take checks or credit cards, so cash is king.

K3Ntegra

Yeah, 2 hours is the bare minimum a trustworthy shop would charge.

While they're at it, have them inspect the power steering rack and pinon for leaks, and have them replace the inner/outer tie rods if they're 'old', which should be close to "free" labor, and of course alignment is a must.

Replacing the cross member/front subframe, should hopefully get your car's caster within 'factory spec'.