fucking Cali the state you love to hate

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
lol... sorry guys my uncle is a placer county sheriff and my GF is CHP i have 3 high school friends that ar sac county sheriff. and yes i carry the LAW with my just incase i do get pulled... and legal ride hight is 22" from concreat to CENTER of headlight.... im 18.3 lol. and if you build all internals and keep outers LOOKING stock then your cool. also dont give attitude and be cool. dont have your hat sidways eather thay hate that lol
Good info and thanks for the heads-up. This is partially why NA builds are the dominant Honda street build out here nowadays.

thats one of the issues with Cali, my gf and I want to more out there in a few years but I'm scared shitless of all my "illegal" mods..
If you're going to have a moderate or heavily tuned, street-driven car here the best thing you can do for yourself is to:

1). get a daily driver so you don't drive the tuned car every day
2). Keep the external look very subtle; sleeper is best
3). Drive the modded car sparingly
4). Keep then engine bay looking docile - no bright colors. Obvious mods like a CAI should be CARB legal to be safe. Turbo builds should have docile IM's and preferable a subtle heat shield to hide the turbo.

It's not guaranteed that you'll get busted. Police still need solid probable cause or a warrant to search your car. I know guys who get away with non-CARB legal boost setups and plenty of guys who have NA builds, you just need to always be thinking in the "sleeper" mindset. Also, some police out here are nicer than others. A lot of the local guys in my area also build cars and are often lenient; CHP and LAPD on the other hand....

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I get pulled over for looking Hispanic. And I'm 100% Filipino.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Good info and thanks for the heads-up. This is partially why NA builds are the dominant Honda street build out here nowadays.

If you're going to have a moderate or heavily tuned, street-driven car here the best thing you can do for yourself is to:

1). get a daily driver so you don't drive the tuned car every day
2). Keep the external look very subtle; sleeper is best
3). Drive the modded car sparingly
4). Keep then engine bay looking docile - no bright colors. Obvious mods like a CAI should be CARB legal to be safe. Turbo builds should have docile IM's and preferable a subtle heat shield to hide the turbo.

It's not guaranteed that you'll get busted. Police still need solid probable cause or a warrant to search your car. I know guys who get away with non-CARB legal boost setups and plenty of guys who have NA builds, you just need to always be thinking in the "sleeper" mindset. Also, some police out here are nicer than others. A lot of the local guys in my area also build cars and are often lenient; CHP and LAPD on the other hand....
...or move to a state that doesn't suck ass....

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
...or move to a state that doesn't suck ass....
Actually, everything in Cali is the best except for the cops :D We have the hottest sluts, the sickest tracks, a huge tuner scene, a huge music scene, and the best shrubbery (if you know what I mean :twisted:)

Plus, I grew up in Philly - living here is paradise in every aspect for me haha

However, you guys in TX have Austin - which is a BALLIN' city. My band is gonna be there for 4 dates at the end of the month and I'm gonna go to 6th street and have myself a good 'ol time :D

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Actually, everything in Cali is the best except for the cops :D We have the hottest sluts, the sickest tracks, a huge tuner scene, a huge music scene, and the best shrubbery (if you know what I mean :twisted:)

Plus, I grew up in Philly - living here is paradise in every aspect for me haha

However, you guys in TX have Austin - which is a BALLIN' city. My band is gonna be there for 4 dates at the end of the month and I'm gonna go to 6th street and have myself a good 'ol time :D
hell yeah, we got good shrubs here too :) only thing we don't have are tracks :/

Peruviann

LoL
that happened to my friend in Irvine they labeled me as white and im peruvian/spanish and they got labeled as Hispanic and they are Filipino

They Both Got Tickets & I Didnt

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
x2!! lol!
i just be cool and crack a few jokes when i get pulled over. also flash the military id in the process ;) it worked last time and he thanked me for serving our country.

phatintegra

Banned
lol... sorry guys my uncle is a placer county sheriff and my GF is CHP i have 3 high school friends that ar sac county sheriff. and yes i carry the LAW with my just incase i do get pulled... and legal ride hight is 22" from concreat to CENTER of headlight.... im 18.3 lol. and if you build all internals and keep outers LOOKING stock then your cool. also dont give attitude and be cool. dont have your hat sidways eather thay hate that lol
if that's the case what about the Exotic cars? Like the Ferrari, Lambo, etc.

JETxGREEN

JEFF
here's a hint dont open your hood they cant make you dur unless they have a warrent also if they cause shit get their badge number and call the station while theyre in front of you