fully built ls vtec not starting

dateg88

Ok so ive been trying to get my car running for three days now. I have checked the following

It has spark
Its in time
Firing order is correct
gets fuel to the rail and injectors
all my grounds are good
no blown fuses

Ive checked all of these things im starting to get really frustrated with and i need it running badly please help thanks in advance.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Does it try and turn over at all, or when you hit the key "nothing"? If it tries to turn over, you have some type of fuel/air/spark issue.

If it doesn't turn over at all your most likely looking at a sensor issue. Could be your clutch switch, neutral position sensor on the tranny, etc.

dateg88

It cranks but does not fire it has 9:1 compression pistons and i have had it started once but it never started after that

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you check the ground on the thermostat housing?
Negative battery ground
try a 15amp fuse where the black fuse is foe the ACG fuse goes

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You do anything with the tuning/fuel, sounds like the engine is flooded. Definitely a tuning issue.

dateg88

I have a jdm p72 ecu im only driving it to break it in a lil bit so when spring comes i can go boost and not have to drive it then to break it in all fuel and spark is stock so there shouldnt be any problem there whth to much or to lil of them

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well if you have an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator you might be giving it too much or too little fuel. Either way it's most likely fueling, however you might want to check your coolant temp sensors on the passenger side of the block, specifically the one under the vtec solenoid. If they are not wired up correctly or working right your car won't start, especially now that it's colder out.

That sensor controls fueling according to temperature so if it's not working it will read no temperature, and if I remember correctly it will send max fuel to the motor for startup therefore flooding the engine.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
???? I dont understand
there is a ground on the thermostat housing check it, your car will not start if its loose
check the negative ground on the battery it its not screwed in all the way where it meets the chasis it will not start

there is a fuse called ACG in your fuse box, it uses a black metal fuse but can be replaced by a 15 amp fuse that may be bad.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
What map sensor are you running out of curiousity, when I went to start up my car for the first time after rebuild it did the same thing and I couldn't figure it out. Then it dawned on me that I was running a 4bar map sensor, had to go into hondata, change the map sensor setting and the car fired right up

dateg88

Quick update just checked ecu for codes and got a code 6 and 10

If im correct code 6 is coolant temp and 10 is intake air temp could this be y my car is not starting?