Gen 2, Restore or not?

Stitchez

Hey Guys,

Im new to the site, first post. Ive been lurking for info, but havent been a part of an online forum in years so plz excuse me if im a little green or posting in the wrong spot etc.

Anyway long story short, I picked up a 91 GS about 150k/m ago (cant post a picture because i do not have any other online forums or blogs about cars so i do not have a 'link'). ANyway it was 64k and mint. I did a real good job of taking care of it.. at first. I had a few really bad years (financially, which ultimately lead to emotionally as well) and started to neglect it. I honestly didnt think i would keep it this long and couldn't deal with the extra stress and expense of keeping it nice and keeping up with the small things.

Im still driving the car after all this time, its my only car and gets me back and forth to work. I havent had it "officially" inspected, but the guys that have done small jobs on it here n there say it seems pretty mechanically and structurally sound.. (undercarriage looks great, no rust in the wheel wells, engine/tranny etc).

The smaller details that are not OK:
- small patches of rust (2 wheel hubs, trunk keyhole, spot under the spoiler)
- muffler and exhaust pipes keep rusting
- AC has a leak and doesnt work (compressor is fine)
- needs body work: drivers side door and rear quarter panel was hit twice and has dent damage and subsequent rusting

I know I had some weak moments of stress and woe, but I do love this car and if i thought i could make it nice again for a few g's i would.. but im not stupid (or wealthy) so the tune of 10k i would obviously not do.

Im asking, based on this [minimal information i know], what you guys think about it? have any of you restored 2nd gens that [didnt apprear to] need too much work and not break the bank? or is this actually "too much work" and I just don't know it?

thanks so much for any advice or recommendations