Ghost's LS project

Ghost_ls

So i just bought my first integra LS. Took me years to find the right car cause i was busy locking down my wife, getting married, and having a beautiful son as well as looking for the perfect 94-95 integra ls. Many people thought i was crazy because i was so picky. The car i chose was a 1994 ls with 274k miles and i jumped on it because as you will see in pics i post the chassis is in excellent condition even though the motor is rough (bent valve). Just this morning i went a bought a new to me valvetrain head for $80. I need to port, polish and resurface the head but it's good to go.

I don't plan on some super crazy build thread. I want to keep it simple and hope the bug doesn't bite to hard! Lol. Fully rebuilt engine with all new suspension bits and a close to maxed out full race gt28rs turbo setup. I was thinking about going gt3076r but I'm not looking for 400+ hp i want around 350whp tapped out. Hope to get a very nice street setup.

Gearing is going to be tricky for me because I'm going for a lower end power setup. I was thinking about doing a type r setup with 4.785 fd but havent decided fully yet.

Well hope everything goes well i am off to see how to post pics on this site

Ryan659

:welcome:

looks like you got a nice project ahead of you. hope you stick with it and turn it into something beautiful :thumbs up

Ghost_ls

:welcome:

looks like you got a nice project ahead of you. hope you stick with it and turn it into something beautiful :thumbs up
Thanks im going to stick with it i dont plan on letting this car go for a very long time. I would like my son to race it in 14 years

Ghost_ls

Alright, got both rear wheel bearing hub assemblies being shipped! Prothane motor mount inserts on order. Oil change tomorrow morning and then oil pan gasket needing to be done.

Question for the boosted guys! Did you just tap factory oil pan or switch to the grooved moroso oil pan? I will be boosted but, not for a while. This car needs an overhaul even though most parts are still good they wont survive boosted conditions. How do the OEM ball joints and stuff handle boost im upgrading lower control arms rear subframe brace tie rods etc... but I haven't seen some parts so i am assuming they can handle load pretty well. Any recommendations on a sway bar brand/model?

Ghost_ls

Took my head to the machine shop this morning. Got a phone call just before they closed stating the guides on the exhaust side were the only worn parts which is good. Get that back in a couple days, can't wait! Going to attempt swapping OEM heads using this how to and youtube hahaha. While I'm at it, going to strip my valve cover and give that a nice paint. So many things to do, so much money to be spent lol. Being bit by the bug sucks when your married hahaha anyways that's all for now