girls

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
My sister can drive stick, I won't let her touch my car though. My friends sister daily drives a Mazda MX-3 with a 220hp KLZE v6 swap. That car is fast, and a stick.

ZaWn

I don't know many girls that can drive stick nowadays, even my siblings prefer automatic over manual even though they can kinda get away with driving a manual.

-Z-

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Not a chick but I had to teach my friend how to drive an automatic a few years ago. He honestly gets in, rolls down the window and says "How do I start it?" I told him to just turn the key, and he replies "Where's the clutch and how do I shift?"
His next few moments were filled with awe as the car shifts by itself. Always forgets that the car moves forward by itself though.

DarkDB1

Hey asshat my two gay dads both drive standard daily. A 325ci and a beater f150.

Also a 1913 model T if you call it standard.

Not a single female I know drives standard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I'm gay... I drive a manual, But from constantly meeting other gay guys ;) The ability to drive a standard is very hard to come by, Didn't say it was impossible since I do know several others but that is about 1 of every 20.

drevans_satx

Dylan
I'm gay... I drive a manual, But from constantly meeting other gay guys ;) The ability to drive a standard is very hard to come by, Didn't say it was impossible since I do know several others but that is about 1 of every 20.
This. In a world where most cars are just appliances for commuting in stop and go traffic am auto transmission is great. Standard is just getting outdated. Paddle shifters can shift faster than an person ever could. While being more accurate..

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I love driving. I have never had a complaint about manual during stop and go traffic, just doesnt bother me but no one can deny the convenience and comfort of it in the situation.

Funny i would think they were pretty good at 'stick'.

DarkDB1

This. In a world where most cars are just appliances for commuting in stop and go traffic am auto transmission is great. Standard is just getting outdated. Paddle shifters can shift faster than an person ever could. While being more accurate..

Exactly, It makes me le' sad :(

Funny i would think they were pretty good at 'stick'.
Some, The ones like myself that have years of practice and experience are phenomenal with a stick... I would gladly give you a demonstration if you so desire? :stick:

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
I keep trying to get my fiancee to learn, but she doesn't seem too keen on it. One time I had her try just changing the gears from the passenger seat and she freaked out. Didn't miss any gears, but got hella nervous.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included

Paddle shifts are retarded, I feel that they ruin every new sports car. I don't care how fast or accurate they are, they take a big chunk out of the experience that is driving. Same thing with the manual sequential gearboxes that, in part, made rally racing boring.
The last M3 to come out was not offered in a manual transmission in Europe. USA was the only market with a manual transmission, and that's only because Americans think it makes the car more German.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I tend to agree about the paddle shifters. It's nice the technology is there so you can change gears in a split second, but it is taking away from the driving experience. It's no better than an automatic in my opinion. 3 pedals or no care.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
I tend to agree about the paddle shifters. It's nice the technology is there so you can change gears in a split second, but it is taking away from the driving experience. It's no better than an automatic in my opinion. 3 pedals or no care.
Exactly. The technology is impressive, but it is a glorified automatic. All you do is push a button and the car shifts. Even a lot of these newer cars have engines that are all about efficiency, and they take the fun out of driving too. The cars with factory turbo engines are being made to minimize turbo lag and maximize efficiency. Part of the fun of turbo car is the turbo lag and the huge surge of power you get once the turbo spools. Not very easy to find that now.