Greddy turbo help

Rayda9

I just bought a Greddy 05H-18G turbo off a friend and he had told me it's a TD05 flange. Is this right? And if so, what type of turbo manifolds are out there for b series non vtec engines? (DA9 bodystyle if needed.)

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Maybe, maybe not. Most 18G turbos have TD05 turbine housings, but not all of them. It depends what applications it was originally for. You can usually tell by the marking on the turbine housing.

Rayda9

It was for a DC teg.. But my friend had it on his DA. He had to make this home made adapter block to bolt it to a T3 manifold unfortunately so I'm trying to find the right manifold so I can bolt it up a little better, unless it's better to clean up the adapter block he made.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If it came from a kit originally intended for an Integra, then it is a TD05H turbine housing. Greddy made a cast log manifold that retained the a/c for the TD05H-18G kit, but that has been long out of production so digging one up may or may not be tricky. There used to be a handful of companies that made B18 manifolds for MHI turbos back when I was considering putting a spare 18G on my GSR, but I'm not sure if anyone still does. Or anyone of reputable quality that is.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
looks like a standard 4 bolt manifold flange, should be able to use most manifolds with it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
looks like a standard 4 bolt manifold flange, should be able to use most manifolds with it.
Now that you say that, I believe you are right. I think I recall Greddy using different turbine housings for the Honda applications. I believe they went to a Garrett T25/T28 style flange on them.

I was thinking about the 18G I have sitting in my garage that came off my Eclipse GSX, which has a original MHI TD05 turbine housing. The MHI and Garrett flange is different, but your's looks like a Garrett style flange and should be if it were for an Integra.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Here, this may help confirm the flange. By just the picture, it does look like the standard T25 flange. Which is what it probably has if it was for a Honda/Acura application. The other flange drawing is the MHI TD05 flange.

Attachments

Rayda9

So i got to looking at it and it looks like the T25 flange as noted earlier how it could be. Confirmations? Much appreciated.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The only way to confirm for sure is to measure it and see if matches the drawing in my previous post. But I agree, it does like like a T25 flange.

Last edited:

Rayda9

Ok cool, getting alot closer, So I take it that the measurements of the flange in the pictures are in inches correct?

Rayda9

Took a look at the measurements on the actual flange and it matches up perfectly with the specs of the T25 flange diagram you provided. Thanks alot dc2GS-R! You were a great help!