HALF USM / HALF JDM (56k..go get a drink)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Ominous G2 said:
How was the fitment on the seibon?? Thinking about getting there hatch.
His looks OK although it is hard to tell with the black fenders....But I know most of their hoods I've seen fit like shit. Haven't seen a hatch personally

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Maybe on some, but alot I've seen are just way off. It isn't hard to line up a hood so I wouldn't see why people would ride around like that.

konerri

fitmet is ok, can't expect OEM fitness here. ( weight vs fitment battles) but think aobut it, it is on a new front with many variables to consider. it's not like i replaced just the hood. i think they could of done a better job at it but i also depends on the installer. i had to move everything around to cope with the hood. my conversion w/carbon hood is not a good review for fitmet in my opinion.

Last edited:

konerri

suspensions has arrived today. Got some PIC's. not pictures, PIC stands for performance In Control. pics will post as soon as they are on the car.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Seibon is NOT solid carbon fiber. It is laid over fiberglass so weight reduction isn't much of an issue. They weigh like 5lbs less than a metal hood

konerri

dc2GS-R said:
Seibon is NOT solid carbon fiber. It is laid over fiberglass so weight reduction isn't much of an issue. They weigh like 5lbs less than a metal hood

right the hood has too layer's of materials. top layer is carbon and under he carbon is fiberglass. the layers are only joined together at the edges. looks alot better then the hood that don't have the undercover(fiberglass). don't like the way sunlight can shine right though carbon hoods

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I was just stating that it isn't hardly a weight reduction if it isn't solid C/F. It's pure cosmetic. My friend did a Seibon C/F lip and hood. We weighed it all and the C/F covered fiberglass lip and hood only weighed 6lbs less than the stock lip and metal hood. Consider a Benen carbon fiber hood alone weighed 24lbs less than my stock one. It consist of nothing but carbon, kevlar, and nomex honeycomb. And sun light doesn't shine through it. It uses 4,000 strands per weave

Last edited:

konerri

***********update**************

another step in my quest to make my real car the car I see in my dreams...

here i am installing my suspension.

trace proven setups from this company

PIC suspension -- Selects---10k f and 8k b

after about 4 hours of sweat and pain

time for a wash....

at the end of the day

i finally saved up enough money for a quality suspension set. rides awsome with setting on soft and no suspension movement when drag launching on hard. P.I.C. are worth the money to me.

to be painted soon....

to be continue

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
btw is that your civic? seen it a couple times on H-T, its sweet :thumbup, makse me think of my coupe :p RIP