Hardwood Trunk Flooring DIY

LightSkinbyYosi

Anyone know how to make the trunk flooring out of hardwood? Ive seen them executed in VIP styled cars and thought it would be an interesting addition to my Teg.

It could be a generic write up as long as the basic step by step is there.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Super easy with a saw zaw.. just trace your cardboard one onto like 5/8 plywood and cut it out. Then lay your carpet over it. Pretty easy and I've had many a drive in movies in the back with our weight on it.

Nick_C78

Saw zaw is probably the worst choice. Jig saw would be ideal.

Also, I think he might be talking about hardwood flooring..like house/bowling alley type shit. Which would look dumb....lightskinbyyosi, just google hardwood trunk diy. Literally a hundred diy write ups pop up...

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I was thinking tongue and groove hardwood. Classin' up the joint.

LightSkinbyYosi

You'd have the cut the carpet in the trunk though. I didn't want to go that route. And I have googled it and not that many good write ups.

Noneed2Hate

You'd have the cut the carpet in the trunk though. I didn't want to go that route. And I have googled it and not that many good write ups.
You shouldn't be cutting your carpet... if you are, you are doing it wrong.

I think the carpet is just used to more or less confirm the size of your trace before you cut the wood.... since the carpet more or less fits over the wood. (or is supposed to anyway)