has anyone encountered a problem with a half shaft or cv joint before?

ForceFed

...Relapsed
i need help because im not a tranmission kinda guy.

so i was wondering if anyone has encountered any problems with violent shaking when you accelerate.
and bumping when you are decelerating (only when its in gear)

if i take it out of gear and let the car coast, itdosent make any of these noises

but when i accelerate hard, the car shakes

i thought this is my half shaft, since my boot was ripped. but i had the half shaft replaced and it diddnt do anything.

i was thinking that my cv joint came loose or something, i dont know that much about that area so i was wondering if someone can help me out.

DC2_Project

could be the cv joint getting ready to lock up, i had it happen to me before and its not pretty and if it goes to long it will fuck up your tranny.

your best bet would be to go to an auto store and get a new axle

ForceFed

...Relapsed
yea i have replaced the halfshaft. the only thing i can think of is the cv joint. i dont know wtf

DC2_Project

the pass. side dosent have a halfshaft its just an axle
you will probaly have to replace the whole axle
the new axle will have a new cv joint

ForceFed

...Relapsed
yea see thats what i thought but the guy at the shop said he will replace the passenger side half shaft. and it didnt work. so i have to replace the whole axle?

DC2_Project

the half shaft is only on the drivers side. It runs from the tranny to the axle.

Since B- Series transmissions use equal length axles you need something to go between the transmisson and the driver side axle since the tranny is on the passenger side of the car.

On the passenger side you just have an axle. If you get a replacement it will included a CV Joint. Go to Advance Auto Parts and pay the core charge get an axle then take your old one back and get some money back. Im not sure how much HP your pushin but you might want to look into stage axles.

DC2_Project

If getting a new axle dosen't help then make sure your springs or coilovers (if you have them) arent too low and make sure you have good camber.