has anyone here delt with dynomat?

jsnm

dynamat

ive had dynamat in 2 of my older vehicles and it got wet a few times and nothing happens to it becuase it pretty much makes a good seal on the car.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If you install it right, even the cheap Dynamat Origional garbage should still stick. Although, since the material used in Origional is porous, it could get moldy and start to harvest some funky fungus and stink up your car. I strongly recommend not using the Origional except for surfaces parallel to the ground. Because even if you use a heat gun to adhere it (as the directions recommend) it still has a hard time sticking fully. Go with the second tier stuff (can't think of what its called right now) or the Dynamat Extreme. The Extreme is the best, hence the most expensive, but you get what you pay for, the stuff absolutley ROCKS! It kills vibration and sound better than Origional, it will stick to anything, anywhere, and will not come off EVER, and its lighter than Origional (as you know, a lighter car will go faster :) ). I know all this because I did car stereo/alarm/remote start, ect. installation for 3 years at a shop that sold Dynamat, so I've used all the Dynamat stuff mentioned here. I have the Dynamat thermal/sound barrier in the roof of my Integra (can't think of its actual name). The stuff with a thin layer of lead inside it, it keeps heat out and cool air in, and vice versa. I put Dynamat Origional on my floor, and Extreme everywhere else. I mention all this just so you know I'm not blowing smoke out my bum, and that I do have lots of experience with Dynamat products.