Hatch door dent removal

Integgy95

I have a fat dent in the hatch of my Integra that is the size of a size 9 shoe and is centered over where the rear emblem sits. I was curious if anybody knew if I were to pop off the trim from the hatch, if I would be able to pop it out or if I would have to use the stud and slide hammer method to remove it?

If anybody is going to ask why it's there, I placed it there out of anger and frustration. I know that I'm a jackass for denting such an amazing automobile.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
good to hear that it was you that made the dent :rolf:

I will take a pic of mine, since my inner panel is still off from removing the rear spoiler

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Its not looking good on being able to pop it out from the inside. Looks like you will either have to drill holes and use a popper, or replace the hatch.

Integgy95

well damn. I was hoping to be able to pop it out. Maybe I will take it to my dent guy and seeing if he can weld on the little tabs of metal around it, then use a slide hammer to pull it out. If not, I'll have to get it replaced eventually.

mybabydc4

That dent popper thing i had got a basketball sized dent out of my rear end. Got one for 25$ at pep boys.

alexalex

I know a guy who is so good at dent repair with super professional GlexoTools that he can even fix a botched dent repair . I've known him since the mid 90's. Sometimes cost depends on the location of the dent as some areas are harder to fix .