Help! '89 Integra LS went into "limp mode". Why?

thor2k

HELP! "Limp mode"?

Made it 90 miles east of Los Angeles in my newly-acquired Acura (with 246,000 already on it). Automatic.

Am staying in Banning, CA for the night.

Motoring down I-10 at modest 60 MPH when "check engine" light came on. Motor still running as stopped to check for usual suspects.

• no evidence of overheating
  • brand new battery
  • all fuses (under dash and in engine compartment) check OK
  • new oil change, level fine, no (new) likes
Disconnected battery for 20 minutes and cleaned some corrosion off of NEG connector.

Car is again running fine, but do not want to continue an 1,800 mile trip - in the dark, in the cold - without knowing the problem?

- Can someone tell me what to check?

- Does anyone in the LA area know these 1.6 Honda motors and have a model-specific scanner to help identify the problem?

Anyone who can help is requested to post here tonight (Wednesday) . . . or call or text me at 912-996-6296.

Jay

Mattintegra88

HELP! "Limp mode"?

Made it 90 miles east of Los Angeles in my newly-acquired Acura (with 246,000 already on it). Automatic.

Am staying in Banning, CA for the night.

Motoring down I-10 at modest 60 MPH when "check engine" light came on. Motor still running as stopped to check for usual suspects.

• no evidence of overheating
  • brand new battery
  • all fuses (under dash and in engine compartment) check OK
  • new oil change, level fine, no (new) likes
Disconnected battery for 20 minutes and cleaned some corrosion off of NEG connector.

Car is again running fine, but do not want to continue an 1,800 mile trip - in the dark, in the cold - without knowing the problem?

- Can someone tell me what to check?

- Does anyone in the LA area know these 1.6 Honda motors and have a model-specific scanner to help identify the problem?

Anyone who can help is requested to post here tonight (Wednesday) . . . or call or text me at 912-996-6296.

Jay
Did u figure out ur issue man?I have an 88 LS ive had it for a while now ive got quite a bit of knowledge on the 1st gens. What do u mean by went into limp mode?