WheatyJ

I have an Acura Integra 1999 LS Sedan
I locked the latch for the gas/door a long time ago
Earlier, I accidentally left my keys inside the trunk
I have tried everything I’m screwed
I have no spare keys or anything
There’s no way I can open my trunk or unlock the gas/door lock without a key
My car is open though, I can get inside
Is it possible if I can unlock it by opening the door/has latch box and manually unlocking it with tools?

enjoytheridedc2

You could always remove your rear deck lid, unscrew the rear seat lock cylinder, manually pull the rear seat latch lever to release the rear seat lock, and access your trunk to retrieve your keys?

Last edited:

XjoEnX

I just answered your other thread and now see this one. I confused myself. Sorry. Not too sure how the sedan rear seats are removed though. You'll probably be able to find the answer here somewhere. But if I'm thinking correctly, and I could be completely wrong because I'm retarded, but some random Honda keys can open the lock where the gas/trunk lever is.

enjoytheridedc2

That's assuming the OP has an assortment of Honda keys to even attempt to jiggle the lock open. Still a whole lot simpler to remove the deck lid and unlatch the rear seat.

alexalex

You can also unscrew the lock cylinder by using the lock picking tools and if you don't have those tools then contact a locksmith for sure.
I'm a bit of a lock picking enthusiast myself, it can be a fun thing to practice. I became one since I locked my keys inside the car and got tools from https://www.bestlockguide.com/lock-pick-set/

But car locks are usually pretty tough (unless your car is very cheap or very old). they're not impossible to crack but without prior experience, believe me, you could be at it for days.

Last edited: