Help.....New Acura Owner; SVC sound seems to effect EQ instead of volume

ChanceTobias

Just purchased a 2010 TL, after a 35 minute hassle of finding the code for the radio, I noticed that as i was driving it home that on the highway listening to cd's sometimes it seemed like a certain times the tweeters would stop working and the sound would get very bland..but at certain times the system would just pop with precise increased treble and bass sounds like someone would switch on a 7 band equalizer or something. At first I thought is was the Dolby so I switched it off and it changed the sound a little, but then I played with the SVC and figured out it had something to do with it.
Once I got home i downloaded the manual for the vehicle and figured out that SVC was a speed controlled volume assist, but i can't figure out why it seems to affect the EQ so much; when i cut it off the sound stays bland as hell, with the setting high i have to go approx 40 mph just for the speakers to sound like they should in such a automobile. This can't be correct, right?, there is gotta be a way to keep the so-called volume high without having to speed, right? Coming from a Lexus this seems to be one of the dumbest innovations i have ever come across...any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks