HID Recommendations

sylvaner01

G'day guys, merry Christmas btw.
As a pressie I decided to get myself some HID lights because I like the look but I have no idea where to start.
I have seen kits, however I'm not sure what kit to buy.
If anybody could point me in the right direction as to where I can purchase HID lights for my 2nd gen that would be great, also do these lights draw more power then the standard lights or less?

I have been looking at the 5k HID's, hoping not to spend too much cash.
I have also seen ebay offers, are these products to be avoided or will they fit my requirements?
Cheers!

Mkulrey13

Support your vendors!

Our kits are better then DDM plain and simple. USA made 100% in Cali. Each kit made PER order. Our support is top notch and our warranty is hassle free. PM me i can give you a coupon code!

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
^lol that's your opnion they are better, but ddm makes great hids for the price and includes life time warranty,which a lot of people on this site and others use. I would get 4300k to 6000k for best light output.higher kevlins light output becomes worse.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
^lol that's your opnion they are better, but ddm makes great hids for the price and includes life time warranty,which a lot of people on this site and others use. I would get 4300k to 6000k for best light output.higher kevlins light output becomes worse.
Thats what I saId. haha

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
Yup same quality but cheaper it's really a no brainer, just like the eBay lip right mkurley13.

sylvaner01

Apparently these produce heaps of glare because the lights are not made for these bulbs, is there a way to make these look stock without all the glare? i think its called retrofit

Rich-PMS

^lol that's your opnion they are better, but ddm makes great hids for the price and includes life time warranty,which a lot of people on this site and others use
having a product that "a lot of people on this site and others" have used the warrenty clearly shows that the product isn't of such high quality.

Personally, if there's so many people having to use the "lifetime warrenty" I wouldn't want to be one of those many.

And FYI- mike offers a 18month warrenty with every purchase, and an optional lifetime warrenty.

Ddm products aren't made in the US either.

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
Rather have lifetime right off the bat than it be optional for more $$$, so difference between china and USA is ones assembled by Chinese the other by Mexicans. Lol

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I've had my "china" made hids for over 4yrs! I just had to replace them because wire got to close to engine and melted the wire to ballast(my fault for mounting them wrong area) ddm are good quaily hids.

Retro fits the best method but is so expensive and very time consuming. But to fix the glare just half to aim your hids right, won't be perfect but will help.

ledlightsliving

We are committed to bringing you the newest HID technology on the market. Our HID lights are environmentally safe.Daytime running lights (DRLs) are a low-cost method to reduce crashes. It can improve the noticeability and detectability of vehicle in the central and peripheral fields of view.