How Do I Check My Auto Transmission Fluid?

i Have Found The Yellow Dip Stick In My Acura But I Dont Know How To Tell If the Fluid is Still Good Or Not. When I Looked In TheHole I Saw The Fluid Was Greyish, Is That Normal? :]. My Tansmission Does Mess Up When I Stepp OnThe Gas The Rpms Just Rise And Rise ThenI Have To Let Go Of The Gas For It To Shift.If So I NeedTo Change How Do I Do That?. I LookedUnder The Car I Think I Found The Tank But I Dont Know If Its The Tranny Oil Or Motor Oil?Plz And Thank You :]

Spody02

Name: Cody
ok, to check any honda/acura auto tranny, you have to check it when the car is off. you stick the dip stick inside check the level. you want the color to be like a bright pink fuild, if not you might want to take it somewhere to get a flush or maybe do a pan drop and replace the filter

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
yea but you have to check it within a minute of turning it off. if its grey thats usually friction material and is not usually good.

mteg

Automatic Lover
What's you're milage, and when's the last time you had it changed? You will know when it is going bad because your tranny will start to shift funny-especially when the fluid gets hot. It's best to have it done every 60k miles. While you're getting it flushed, it would be a good idea to add a tranny cooler. They are around $30 and work wonders-plus they are easy to hook up.

^x2 i agree, my brother put one on his prelude when he blew his first tranny, it lasted a lil while then he blew his second trany, and finally decied to go 5 speed no problems so far. by the way you can do it yrsled it takes no more than 30 mins even for noob

VigLink badge