How many O2 sensors do I have?

Bamendoza

i have a 94 integra ls 5 speed 2 door. this is my first integra and i replaced the after market headers with some stock b16 headers so my questions is how many o2 sensors does the car need 1 or 2?? i read and people say 2 some say 1 its obd1 i believe.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Your car's a '94, it's OBD1 and has one O2 sensor. OBD2 starts in '96 and they have 2 sensors.

Cripton805

To add on Tegsox post. The sensor should be a 2 wire. I would get the universal plug and just crimp on the wire. Its just as simple as replacing the one with the plug except its a lot cheaper and without the plug obviously.

It should be located under the heatshield on a stock header or pre cat on most aftermarket header.

rexpepper123

i have a 98 and need two o2 sensors an the ones youre talking about cripton how much are they?

Cripton805

i have a 98 and need two o2 sensors an the ones youre talking about cripton how much are they?

Vehicles 96+ were OBD2
Yours should have two. One pre CAT and one post CAT.
Four wire sensors for OBD2 on a stock motor / setup.

I dont know how much they are because they vary by brand/ store/ OBD.
I would go to Autozone and ask.

Usually the one without the plug is about half of the price, which can be a lot in some situations.
When I bought an OBD0 single wire sensor it was $20.
W/ the plug it was $50, both being Bosch.

OBD2 sensors should be more.
It was really simple to just crimp onto the old wire. Make sure to check online to see which color coded wire matches to which though. Only 4 wires on OBD2 "like I mentioned"

Last edited:

rexpepper123

hmm alright thanks a lot very helpful info. ive been putting them off since i thought they were going to be like 120 a peice. i do need a bung for the one since midis didnt put one in when they built my exhaust

Cripton805

hmm alright thanks a lot very helpful info. ive been putting them off since i thought they were going to be like 120 a peice. i do need a bung for the one since midis didnt put one in when they built my exhaust
Im pretty sure thats what they run for too.
OBD2 is more expensive, but I didnt want to set you a price since I obviously dont sell them lol
I bet the crimp on is about half of that price though if you still have the old plug. If not, you will need the full wire with the plug.

That really sucks. You have a check engine dont you?
Get those bizzchez on there.

Look online. Maybe you can find them UBER cheap. I always find great deals on stuff like that. Takes patience and a lot of time searching though.

As far as your exhaust, yes, you will need a shop to make something for you to install it... kinda sucks they didn't when they installed it. You should have brought it to their attention.

rexpepper123

haha i like how there is a o2 sensor ad above this little comment box. well the dude said i had 2 bad an that he didnt want to weld the bung on till i had the other one and he threw it away. i bet youre right there is always some time of sweet deal online for car parts. im online alot im sure i can find something good. im pretty sure i can put the bung in myself just need a hole saw and weld it right in place im sure. ill never go to midis again. the jack wagons welded my header straight to the cat.