How much to install car alarm?

TarheelBound

TarheelBound
Thanks, Ive been looking around but the cost is so freaking expensive smh. But ironic how i was just looking at your build thread, it looks nice.

BeatBox

Real Good!
around here you gotta find a shop that will do the alarm not bought from them
there is one shop that does mine, $150 for just alarm, $270 if its a newer car and u want remote start
i usually buy the alarm on sonicselectronix for cheap $100-$140 for a viper

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
$150 for just an alarm install where I use to work.
Don't be suprised if a place wants to charge you extra for installing an alarm you didn't buy from them. It's just because places like installing equipment from a company they're already familiar with, it makes things alot faster and easier when you don't have to keep looking at a manual to figure out what each wire color coming out of the brain means, how to program featuers, ect.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
free if you do it yourself. it was pretty easy when i installed mine. all you gotta do is match up wires. theres plenty of diagrams if you search on google.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

TarheelBound

TarheelBound
So on Bestbuys website they said it would be $199 for viper alarm system+installation, but they said there may be extra charges depending on what type of car you have. I have a 1999 integra, should it cost any extra you guys think?

dark3630

So on Bestbuys website they said it would be $199 for viper alarm system+installation, but they said there may be extra charges depending on what type of car you have. I have a 1999 integra, should it cost any extra you guys think?
I work at Best Buy and had mine installed there. I have a 96 Integra and there were no extra charges.

Sent from my Samsung S3