How to adjust your clutch pedal?

clayton magnet

clutch?? got the car to move but need more help

i decided to take a look under the car and it seemslike the clutch is loose and i was wondering how to tighten it and how do you adjust the clutch too

pretty shure the clutch needs to be adjusted cause the one day i was drivin i was comin to a intersection the light turned red so i put it in nutural and after i stoped i put it in 1st and heard a clunk noise and the car wouldn't move anywhere :cry:

ok update i loosen off the cable and the car moved so i backed it out of the garage but it hardly goes i gota rev it up to 4 grand to get it to move decent, but got it to work so i need some pointers does it need to be loosened up more?????

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
From my Helm's manual for a 1995 Integra:

1. Loosen locknut A, and back off the clutch switch (or adjusting bolt) until it no longer touches the clutch pedal.

2. Loosen locknut C, and turn the push rod in or out to get the specified stroke (A*) and height (C*) at the clutch pedal.

3. Tighten locknut C.

4. Turn the clutch switch (or adjusting bolt) until it contacts the clutch pedal.

5. Turn the clutch switch (or adjusting bolt) in 3/4 to 1 full turn.

6. Tighten locknut A.

7. Loosen locknut B on the clutch interlock switch.

8. Measure the clearance between the floor board and clutch pedal with the clutch pedal fully depressed.

9. Release the clutch pedal 15-20 mm (0.6-0.8 inches) from the fully depressed position and hold it there. Adjust the position of the clutch interlock switch so that the engine will start with the clutch pedal in this position.

10. Turn clutch interlock switch 3/4 to 1 full turn further.

11. Tighten locknut B.

*A = (STROKE at PEDAL): 130-140 mm (5.12-5.5 inches)
*C = (CLUTCH PEDAL HEIGHT): 164 mm (6.46) from the floor