How to decode VIN

mikekh10a

thanks man, i learned alot from this. lol and i thought u could learn the original color and stuff lol

OlegWasHere

good post and info
apparently the dmv doesn't know this stuff either.

i registered my car as an gsr according to this guide its a gs special edition. fail on their part and mine :(

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
good post and info
apparently the dmv doesn't know this stuff either.

i registered my car as an gsr according to this guide its a gs special edition. fail on their part and mine :(
hm...do you only have a '95 or another car too?

if i'm not mistaken, "Special Editions" were available for LS trims (1995-1996) prior to being renamed GS (in 1997 or 1998, i don't remember). if you have just the '95 and you're sure that it's a Special Edition, it should be classified under LS-SE, i believe. i could be wrong, though. lol don't quote me. check your door jambs and see if it matches up. what are the first ten of your VIN?

you should clear it up with the dmv and get it on record if it, in fact, is not a gs-r.

OlegWasHere

hm...do you only have a '95 or another car too?

if i'm not mistaken, "Special Editions" were available for LS trims (1995-1996) prior to being renamed GS (in 1997 or 1998, i don't remember). if you have just the '95 and you're sure that it's a Special Edition, it should be classified under LS-SE, i believe. i could be wrong, though. lol don't quote me. check your door jambs and see if it matches up. what are the first ten of your VIN?

you should clear it up with the dmv and get it on record if it, in fact, is not a gs-r.
i used the vin off my inspection report since my car is in the shop
get it back monday :)
i dont exactly know what the dmv has but on this slip it just says integra

but ill make sure to check
gotta get my plate renewed anyways.

when you say another car.. do you mean another teg or another daily driver?

trust me i did it out being confused really
JH4 DC4 4 6 0 S

Integra 2Door
B18B1

2 Door Hatch 4 Speed Automatic(i really dont like this part ha)

GS/LS SE

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
hey i was looking at this RSX VIN

JH4DC530X2C009967

does it seen normal? theres an X in it and the end seems weird also
That spot is a check digit, i dont think it matters what letter that is.
I know this information is entirely way to late. But, for the sake of knowledge, the X as the check digit represents 10. It means nothing and is just a US mandated digit used for checking accuracy of VIN transcription. But there is a way to calculate and/or predict it.

If for some god awful reason, you were interested in calculating check digits, you can input a VIN minus a check digit into the attached spreadsheet and it will give you the proper check digit that would be in place in that VIN. Don't ask me how I know this or why I made this sheet to generate check digits. But the formulas are already in place so here it is :lol:

Attachments

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I know this information is entirely way to late. But, for the sake of knowledge, the X as the check digit represents 10. It means nothing and is just a US mandated digit used for checking accuracy of VIN transcription. But there is a way to calculate and/or predict it.

If for some god awful reason, you were interested in calculating check digits, you can input a VIN minus a check digit into the attached spreadsheet and it will give you the proper check digit that would be in place in that VIN. Don't ask me how I know this or why I made this sheet to generate check digits. But the formulas are already in place so here it is :lol:
I think the term may be OCD? :lol:

akitt2112

Anyone else notice that on the second gen vehicle grade you listed 8 twice? Once for gsr and once for lss. Lol.