i need some quick help :[

alexxville

Hey, my DA is leaking Anti-Freeze slowly! I know where the problem is coming from or the leak. It's leaking from the back of the engine from some tube there that's in some U shape form. I can go to autozone and buy the replacement part easy, but I need some tips on how to replace that since I don't want to make things worse.

Please help guys, I would really appreciate it. That's probably the main reason why my car is acting up. I fixed the oil leak problem and now I have to fix the second anti-freeze tube lol what the flip! LOL.

Anyways, help and thanks!

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
unclamp both ends, pull off old hose, remove clamps from hose, put clamps on new hose, install new hose, reclamp new hose on car, refill antifreeze.

alexxville

Yeah but I'm scared that I would do something stupid. I mean I know it's not rocket science, but I want to know, when do you know when it's actually in place? Does it make a clicking sound? Do you feel it lock? Do you have to hold it in and put the clamps until it stays in place? :] Sorry I lost all my knowledge in cars and am trying to get it all back.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
theres a lip on the male ends of where the hose goes on to. just put the hose on as far as itll go. youll be fine.

j13

Keep It Clean
Just make sure you top off your coolent, when you're finished. Water and anti-freeze 50/50 mixture you'll be fine.

alexxville

Well at the moment, I have some anti freeze on the little backup plastic case on the right of the engine on its max quantity. And I just pour water where the cap is. So there's something sticking out on the engine (the male thing) so I can put the tube/hose in on both sides?

DumaDa9

you'll know if the hose is on all the way, just push the hose in as far as possible and clamp it down, refill your coolant and start the car and check for leaks, should be no problem.

alexxville

Alright thanks a lot guys :D. I'll try to do so on Sunday since tomorrow it's going to rain around here :[